Any RC guys in Maricopa, AZ

Ronald79

I have moved to Maricopa, AZ and getting back into RC. I have been in RC for many years. I would like to meet any Flyers in Maricopa and learn where you Fly. There is a lot of desert around Maricopa mostly owned by the Indians. I have contacted the city of Maricopa, but have not heard back yet. Maybe we can meet and find a place to fly! I don't think it is a good idea to fly in an area close to a housing sub division even though I and most RC Flyers belong to AMA.
Ronald79

airhawk

Crashing Ace
I have moved to Maricopa, AZ and getting back into RC. I have been in RC for many years. I would like to meet any Flyers in Maricopa and learn where you Fly. There is a lot of desert around Maricopa mostly owned by the Indians. I have contacted the city of Maricopa, but have not heard back yet. Maybe we can meet and find a place to fly! I don't think it is a good idea to fly in an area close to a housing sub division even though I and most RC Flyers belong to AMA.
Ronald79

one over here ;)

Ronald79

airhawk
Nice to hear from you. I have a Grandson in Gilbert. I am getting better as time goes by. Just starting into 3D. I tried the FT 3D, but all the paper started to come loose from the foam so had to scrap the plane. Just bought The MX from Griffwerks.com will do the maiden flight this week end.
Ronald79

airhawk

Crashing Ace
airhawk
Nice to hear from you. I have a Grandson in Gilbert. I am getting better as time goes by. Just starting into 3D. I tried the FT 3D, but all the paper started to come loose from the foam so had to scrap the plane. Just bought The MX from Griffwerks.com will do the maiden flight this week end.
Ronald79

im sure your better than me
do you want to go flying sometime

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
I am in chandler. As far as flying close to houses, I think it depends on what you are flying. There are lot of giant fields in the Chandler area where I feel I can fly safely. What about Pacana Park, or Cooper Sky park? You can also look for schools with big fields that are empty on the weekend or if you drive toward Gila Bend there is a lot of BLM land.

Bacon8tor

Im in Tempe, I have been looking for somewhere in the valley to fly indoors?? has or does anyone known of indoor fields that allow rc planes during down time? I am a beginner flier and my duet hasnt been able to handle the winds we have had the last few days, and i wanna fly!!