Anyone near the Seattle area?

I've recently relocated to the PNW area from New England, and I seem to be having just as much trouble finding flying buddies here as I did there 😏

And the AMA club finder lists a few clubs, but they don't seem to be too active, and I can't get any responses from their contacts either...

XSrcing

Creator of smoking holes
I am about 90 miles north in the Bellingham area. There are quite a few clubs out here and a lot of pilots.

Boxo53

What part of the PNW are you looking in? There are several fairly active, but mostly in the rural outskirts. There is limited activity this time of year ( look out the window ;) ). Most will be out of hibernation in March or April.

lienmeat

I've recently relocated to the PNW area from New England, and I seem to be having just as much trouble finding flying buddies here as I did there 😏

And the AMA club finder lists a few clubs, but they don't seem to be too active, and I can't get any responses from their contacts either...
Hi, welcome to the area!
I live just north of Seattle in Shoreline, WA, nearly in Edmonds.
I'm a member of Mar-c (Marymoor RC Airfield) since last spring/summer, and it's been a great experience so far, and it is pretty active. I made 3 friends there right away that I keep in touch with and meet there somewhat regularly. There are people of all ages that fly there. It gets busy on weekends and evenings in the summer, but in the winter and early spring, you'll only see a handful of people there unless it's a particularly nice weekend weather wise. There are very few places you are technically legally allowed to fly in this area outside of a club. There are places people fly anyway, that are kind of gray areas, and nobody seems to care much.

I'm relatively new to the hobby and am not a great pilot yet. I like to build foamies and own 2 store bought planes (Apprentice S2 1.2m and a Timber X).

PM me if you want to chat more about the hobby in this area 1:1. Maybe we can meet up and fly together sometime.

Last edited:

CaydenC

I know a few clubs near Seattle. I also recommend that you check out the app for essay writing https://essaypro.app/ with essay topics on this page, where you will find many essay ideas that can help you.

Last edited: