Avios C130 Hercules

Clement

Hello guys. I would like to buy the Avios C130 hercules v2 but it’s out of stock. I have searched several websites but no one seems to have it in stock. I even contacted hobbyking but they don’t know when the product will be available.

I would like to contact Avios the manufacturer directly but can’t seem to find their contact details online.

It’s getting really frustrating. It seems all the RC models I want are either not in existence or suddenly go out of stock when I want them.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

I find it surprising that only one manufacturer (Avios) produces an rc model of an airplane as popular and as long lived as the C130 Hercules.

mastermalpass

Elite member
I have no idea what drives a manufacturer's decision to design a certain model. In fact, half the planes I see on Hobbyking seem to be some made up model that's really good for a certain flying style but looks nothing like any real plane. And their stock always seems to be 70% out at any given time.

I did find another manufacturer; ASM have made a C-130, but it's a 100" wing span one costing $500. I hold no faith in the big companies making any planes I want, even if they do, I don't trust that they'd build it how I want or they give it a paint job that's just slightly off.

quorneng

Master member
If you really can't find the plane that you want then the only option is to scratch build one yourself.
Start by choosing something simple. If you have built a few Flight test planes you should know how the parts are made. its just a case of altering the shape and possibly the size.

Scratch building is not every bodies cup of tea but with experience it allows you to build a copy of any full size plane that you can find a 3 view line drawing.