Balsa kit for sale - Sig Kadet Seniorita

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Yeah, this isn't the classified section of the forum, but it's something those in the balsa section can appreciate so I'll break the rules slightly. :eek:

Recently I acquired both the Sig Kadet Senior and the Seniorita, very similar beginner-style planes. After thinking about it for the past two weeks I finally came to the conclusion that I'll never get around to building BOTH of them since there are so many other planes waiting to be built.

This is a 3-channel high-wing trainer with a 63" wingspan. Many people convert the Senior/Seniorita to 4-channel, and it can be built as electric or nitro. The kit is opened and the plans were separated for construction, but that's as far as it got - no parts were removed from their sheets and no sticks were cut. All sections of the plan are there. Note that one side of the box has been cut off. I'm not sure why and didn't ask the guy I bought the kit from.

I went through the kit and re-packaged it for better safety while shipping, and also rolled the plans to remove the fold-lines since Sig still folds plans for some reason. In one picture you'll see the "Building and flying instructions" - note that this is a full manual, with nice pictures, very clear instructions, etc. Not the garbage "manuals" that come with many of the cheap balsa kits. They also provide a manual detailing how to fly safely, which is nice.

This is a die-cut kit, and it looks like it was cut soon after the dies were sharpened as the quality is very good. This is a classic "stick-built" type of kit, which results in one of the prettiest finished planes when covered with transparent covering.

Selling for $75 shipped to the lower 48. The kit sells new for $90-ish from Sig plus shipping. I'd love to see somebody from the FT community buy it and do a build thread for it. :)

1.jpg

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Um.... no. I went back and checked the box to see what was supposed to be in it and the hardware package is missing - I didn't notice that when I went through the box last night as I was focused on the condition of the wood and plans. With that said, my two options are to drop the price a bit or just keep it and maybe some day I'll give it a shot. Sig sells all the hardware for it, and most of it isn't "special" and the items could be sourced from DuBro, Hobby King, or other places as needed. The pushrods, control horns, etc are all somewhat generic items.

So the price would be dropped to $65 shipped. My apologies for the inaccurate post above! :(

Turbojoe

Elite member
Now that's a price not to be missed! If I didn't have so many planes like it I'd grab it in a heartbeat. The hardware is not a deal killer. The 5/32" nose gear is cheap and available in many brands and the mains can be bent up in a vise. All the other hardware is LHS stuff and not expensive either. Now if I could find a Senior for this price.........:D

Joe