build suggestions for turnigy dst-1200 motor, ae-20esc, 1300ma25c3s beginner/trainer

Ryan_D

I went overboard and built a ft-22 with a turnigy 2826-6 2200kv motor and 45a trust esc, 6x4e prop it's something else to watch but more than I'm willing to start learning with.

I have 2 power plant options and 2 battery options, props I can scrounge up, have plenty of 9g servo's

A: turnigy aerodrive dst-1200 1200kv outrunner motor (160watt), turnigy ae-20a esc, 25c 1300mah zippy 3s lipo
B: Turnigy D2826-6 2200kv motor (342watt), Turnigy Trust 45a esc, 40c 2200mah zippy 3s lipo

Looking for something that will take more wind than my little sport cub s, doesn't take a huge amount of space to fly it, ie '100x75' backyard or smaller would be ideal.
Hand launch, pretty hard to crash (oxymoron I know) and preferably 1 sheet of dtf with 2 being max to build.
Tall order I know, I should have thought my hardware purchases out a bit more but it is what it is and after seeing my Raptor fly I can say it was worth it just to see one ripping through the air with the bigger power plant in it.

Any suggestions or shoves in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

IFlyRCstuff

Flyer Of Many Things
Bloody wonder and its associates (bloody baron etc.)

Maybe a ft scout or other mighty mini... Those would work on the smaller setup and the BW would work with the larger as well.

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Welcome to the forum. If I were you, I would swap out the motors, and put the DST-1200 on the FT-22. It would probably make a great trainer. I would build a Versa Wing (2 sheets of foam board), and power it with the D2826-6. It will be a rocket.

Ryan_D

swapped out the 2826-6 for the dst-1200 with a 9x4.7 slowfly on the raptor.
almost done building a pusher versa wing for the 2826-6, any suggestion for prop at 5000' elevation, I have 6x4e (motor/esc didn't even get warm pushing raptor) 6x5e and not sure but may have a 7x4.5

thanks much for the advice, once I get used to the ft-22 and versa (if wind and rain would ever stop) either the mustang or the ft racer are next in line followed by a 3d.

ZoomNBoom

Looking for something that will take more wind than my little sport cub s, doesn't take a huge amount of space to fly it, ie '100x75' backyard or smaller would be ideal.

Difficult to achieve both. To be able to fly in a backyard, it has to be tiny, light, slow. That super cup s you have is probably damn near perfect. But to handle wind, it should be none of those. Frankly I dont think its realistic to fly anything fixed wing in more than light winds in your backyard (im assuming those measurements are in feet?)