Cheap FPV camera/TX reccomendations

2jujube7

I currently have a cheap $20 all in one camera that I've been using on all of my planes (pretty much all scratchbuilt ft planes) The camera that I have now is 600TLV, and I really enjoy flying with it. However, the range isn't so good, as well as the quality. I spent an hour or so looking for both a good quality budget camera and transmitter that should hopefully be 1200TLV and under roughly $60 together. (This is flexible, just a ballpark.) Some ideas I could find is this camera on amazon for $25, or the Razer mini/micro which is also $25. I don't need the camera to record footage, my ground station can do that (School chromebook connected to a $20 reciever :D). I fly often at a double football field size area at my local school, but on weekends I make the trip to a bigger flying club nearby that has a much bigger flight area. (probably 500yds x 300yds ) Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Thanks y'all :)

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
I use split cams and caddis tarsier for my long range, but these $20 600mw TX and cam combo will work very well for your needs and will operate well much farther than your flying....the TX is a known to be good TX in the fpv world for a long time

I like these on pretty much everything that isnt LONG range, I power them 12v thru the Balance lead for a clean signal

https://www.banggood.com/EWRF-TS582...rt_middle_products&ID=558324&cur_warehouse=CN

edit: you can also find these combos on ebay that may ship from the usa and be faster turn around time...use the TX make and model number for a search term

Last edited:

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I've had good luck with Eachine transmitters. With the right antenna you can get some decent range (I've been using pagoda's lately) . I like all of my runcam cameras; phoenix, MicroSwift3, and the night eagle 2 pro if you want some extra fun... ;)

I have a caddx Ratel that i've used quite a bit as well...

speedy7385

check out ZOHD v400 camera / tx all in one, will do over 1 mile. its 400mw for around $40.
lf you get the ZOHD Kopilot lite (fight controller) and camera combo, its around $60. I liked the
combo, been working out great.