Cheap NiCd or NiMh 6-7 cell 2/3AA stick packs

Marcus

I have recently gotten back in to the hobby because of my 6 yr old son and 26 year old nephew. I pulled out my old Robbe Easy Go and Slow Stick. I borrowed a pack from my cousin and flew the Easy Go. It still flies great! I forgot how much fun it is! I will eventually upgrade the motors and speed controls to brushless, but I'm a little low on funds now. Does anyone have some old packs I could get for a good price? Also will the old gear work in the swappables? ( I have built all of the Minis, the Old Speedster, and the Old Fogey, and at $1-3 each probably will supply the whole family with new airframes!) The electronics I have are old GWS flight packs. 270 size brushed motors. I live south of Atlanta Ga. ( Hogansville)

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Hey Marcus, welcome to the forum!
A 2 cell lipo pack and cheap balance charger would work just fine there. Just remember to set a timer for around 10 min to land and recharge. Many will disagree with me, but yes the old gear will work until it dies, but use a full size speedster or fogey. Once things do burn out, hobbyking is a great place to buy parts, especially with their new Arkansas warehouse. Best of luck, and have fun!