Cincinnati, OHIO

skeplin

Nice! I'm out in the Milford area and fly near Live Oaks. Sometime I'd like to visit your field.

Last edited:

FrankB

FrankB
Hey guys, I'm new to flying and just wanted to touch base with everyone. I'm in the Hamilton area, looking for good spaces to fly. Right now I pretty much just fly in my cramped backyard and at empty parks. Any good recommendations ? Also I don't suppose anyone nearby has any FPV goggles they'd let me see what it's like ? I want to try FPV, but I don't want to spend the money on goggles if I have trouble seeing with them. I have a odd stigmatism that makes binoculars impossible to use with both eyes open. So I am afraid that FPVgoggles will do the same for me.
Thoughts ?
Thanks!
-Frank

donnyb

Hi Frank, I'm originally from the hamilton area. I was thinking that Houston woods would be a nice place to fly. Also on the north end there is Ford park.
I don't think with your eye condition I would suggest the goggles. I would put together a nice ground station. I've seen them pretty cheap but there cheap. Lol but you can piece a really nice one together for about half the price of goggles. Actually depends on the screen size ready made rc has a nice 10.1 inch screen for around 150 and there is a new product out called the fr632 diversity receiver for around 60 dollars. I was thinking about piecing together one myself.

Also something to think about if you go with fatshark goggle they only receive 7 channels. ...