Crossover RX help please

Crashmorflymor

Setup is as follows:

Crossover MXL62HE AIO brick with built in 5A ESC.

720mah 1S battery

AP-05 brushless motor

5x3 GWS prop.

Absolutely will not work. ESC cuts out. How do I program the ESC and just turn off the low volt cutoff?? How do I make this work at all? I literally bought this from Buzzard as a working “power pack” and it does not work. Two weeks trying to figure it out and I’m at wits end. Can someone please help?

Bricks

Master member
From the little I looked that ESC may not handle that motor their seems to be some discrepancy from different sites, some say 3 amps others 5 amps. Not correct but what some have done is limit the throttle to 50% to make it work.

Crashmorflymor

From the little I looked that ESC may not handle that motor their seems to be some discrepancy from different sites, some say 3 amps others 5 amps. Not correct but what some have done is limit the throttle to 50% to make it work.
I was able to make it work with the throttle end point set at 90 percent. It’s the timing of the motor. I have read somewhere that you can “supposedly” adjust the timing, but it’s not worth it to me. It has ample thrust for the Guillows model it’s currently installed in. Even at 90 percent it’s a nice jump from the 8050 brushed motors.

A larger battery did not help the issue either so it’s definitely timing, which I only recently learned about. Even Buzzard models confirmed this.