Cutting foam board from plans

Tjhochha

I like to mark my cuts with the razor at the ends and every once in a while in the middle so I have marks close enough together for my ruler on the longer cuts. I glued my first set of plans to tagboard but I'm not sure if it's worth it. I haven't rebuilt any planes yet but the plans weren't in too rough of shape when I was done with them. They probably have another 3-4 uses left in them. Now I have a stack of plan pieces from 2 FT planes and another that I was designing so it has a lot of extra/redesigned parts.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Anybody got a spare laser cutter laying around that their willing to ship to me? I promise I will give it a good home and all the love and care it deserves.

jross

Build fever is stoked. Power packs and some extra bits showed up today. Seems like most of the planes I'm building need to have the servos/etc installed during the build. Killed me to stop my Explorer build before I finished the tail boom. Guess what's on the bench tonight.

Thought I'd let everyone know I've refined my pattern technique and incorporated several of the ideas suggested here. Prior to posting, I'd cut out the body of and Explorer. It was okay but things didn't fit quite right once assembled. So I cut a new one. Bang on. Everything fit perfect. Using a finer pin and knife marks did the trick. So thanks for all your suggestions.

I also decided to use a large snap blade instead of a #11 X-Acto knife for all the longer cuts. Made it way easier to get the cuts nice and square. I have a tendency to tilt the X-Acto knife handle out as I hold it which gave me cuts that were off angle. With the bigger blade and larger handle, it was much easier to make nice square cuts. Still used the #11 for tight corners and small bits but the snap blade knife for everything else. 20181127_171613.jpg