Disney Planes plans

DubuquePilot133

Hey Flight Test, I was just wondering if you or anybody else out there could do more home build plans for more of the Disney Planes Characters? I have already built Ripslinger and Dusty. I did build your F-22 and changed the canopy to look more like Echo/Bravo but I would really like F-18 and gee-bee plans!

Epitaph

Ebil Filleh Pega-Bat ^.^
Mentor
People have been working on getting a DTFB F4U Corsair out to join the warbird series, and I know there are a few attempts already, so if you look amongst the forums you can probably find it, and that would give you Skipper... I'm also sure you can probably find something similar to a GeeBee around which is The Chupacabra. There is already an article out about the profile PT-17 made from depron which I have always LOVED that plane, I think the plans were shared somewhere in the forums... if you can find them that would give you the base on which to make the fuselage as a full box version. Zed and Ned, one of them was an Edge 540, the other one an MXS, but I'm sure someone around has made an attempt at the Edge 540 in DTFB, and the MXS is very similar, just needing a couple of small modifications, especially on the cowling and wing position.

The ones I would love are Rochelle (Bay Super V, I love V-tail planes), and Ishani (AeroCad AeroCanard, canard pusher planes look fantastic!!)

Michael9865

Elite member
I used SketchUp to convert some 3 views and Old Sterling rubber powered plans into a 30" WS PT-17 to become Leadbottom. It is coming along, but I probably will not do a test build and build log until this upcoming winter. I already have a FT Mini-Scout biplane that I am flying, a Sopwith Pup on the building board, a Nieuport 17 kit in the corner, and a downsized $TF Aeromaster plan waiting for this winter. I may have a weakness when it comes to Biplanes.

Rchenely

I know this post is pretty old, but I'm attempting a hard one, trying to recreate Franz Fliegenhosen, the aerocar... Anyone have any good ideas? Planning on making it just like a the real thing, removable tail and wings that turn into a trailer, but I will have a removal drive wheel as well to reduce drag for flying.

Scotto

Elite member
I know this post is pretty old, but I'm attempting a hard one, trying to recreate Franz Fliegenhosen, the aerocar... Anyone have any good ideas? Planning on making it just like a the real thing, removable tail and wings that turn into a trailer, but I will have a removal drive wheel as well to reduce drag for flying.
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/ftfc21-build-ruary-by-foamydm.66378/post-636812 There are aerocar plans here that look great.

For the wings this came to my mind. https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...esigned-by-dr-looping-looie.59773/post-502777

Rchenely

You know I've seen those plans for the aerocar before but wasn't able to find them, thanks! Those wings are a good idea! But with the tail coming off too seeing that the wings are kind of part of the tail as well that may be hard... Also something that guy didn't do, any ideas on having a drive shaft to the tail instead of a motor all the way in the back? I think it will help make it lighter and easier to keep the cg proper. I've seen a post somewhere where a guy used piano wire but just looking different ideas to see what works best

Scotto

Elite member
You know I've seen those plans for the aerocar before but wasn't able to find them, thanks! Those wings are a good idea! But with the tail coming off too seeing that the wings are kind of part of the tail as well that may be hard... Also something that guy didn't do, any ideas on having a drive shaft to the tail instead of a motor all the way in the back? I think it will help make it lighter and easier to keep the cg proper. I've seen a post somewhere where a guy used piano wire but just looking different ideas to see what works best
Ya I was thinking about a carbon fiber tube driveshaft but as much power and rpms as you get out of a little brushless motor I dont think its worth the effort of trying to come up with a bearing in the tail and have the shaft balanced good enough. Worst case you put the battery sideways in the nose and go 4s or more but it will probly surprise us how far back the battery needs to be. Thats happened to me once. Some motors do have long shafts but alot of comments and raters complain they get bent too easy. They probly should have known better than to put them out front and crash!

leaded50

Legendary member
im working with a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, but thats a United Artist flyin car, as before animation (and the time many ofyou was born... ;) )