F-16 Version 2

Shurik-1960

akimbo

I urged the author not to produce bad models, but to develop interesting and correct model designs. I gave earlier drawings of a successful and excellent flying model, but the author did it his own way..And if the author had installed the engine correctly-behind the center of the wing or from the end of the fuselage, it would have been plagiarism. BUT IT FLEW!!! I can make a flying stool, a toilet bowl...And they will fly!! But hardly anyone will want to repeat this model and my stool and so on later.The author cut through the ailerons that he did not connect .His model flies like a flying wing.According to this principle, the foam sheet also flies perfectly with the correct alignment- the Snowflake model. Good luck to the author in creating models that hardly anyone will repeat.

swampxxl

akimbo

I urged the author not to produce bad models, but to develop interesting and correct model designs. I gave earlier drawings of a successful and excellent flying model, but the author did it his own way..And if the author had installed the engine correctly-behind the center of the wing or from the end of the fuselage, it would have been plagiarism. BUT IT FLEW!!! I can make a flying stool, a toilet bowl...And they will fly!! But hardly anyone will want to repeat this model and my stool and so on later.The author cut through the ailerons that he did not connect .His model flies like a flying wing.According to this principle, the foam sheet also flies perfectly with the correct alignment- the Snowflake model. Good luck to the author in creating models that hardly anyone will repeat.

Please take a chill pill !!!!!!

He's young and is learning. Didn't you have to learn or did you just wake up one day and knew everything related to rc flying and building. I for one like his build and look forward to seeing his next builds

akimbo

akimbo

Buddy, what are on about. Are you not able to comprehend that he is a beginner. His designs will not be perfect on the first try and he is aware of their faults and is working to improve. If you are just going to make useless and demeaning comments, there is no reason for you to respond. I’m honestly disappointed.

Crazed Scout Pilot

Nice video! (I already subscribed) It seems that it may have done inverted with a little more speed, but I will have to build this and try for myself. Also, have you thought about adding a rudder on the Thunderbird version?
Thank you! I appreciate you subscribing. What did you think of my other videos? I would agree that it probably would fly inverted with more power and a little more down trim. Let me know how you build goes.
Would you like to see a thunder bird addition?

Crazed Scout Pilot

akimbo

I do understand what you are saying. Thank you for pointing my errors out. I’m just learning so it’s not going to be perfect.

Crazed Scout Pilot

I think I will try that Rafael next. We will see how it goes

Attachments

• 3546C7C2-7D63-4CD9-ABD8-D10EE58D4764.jpeg
    3546C7C2-7D63-4CD9-ABD8-D10EE58D4764.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 0

Shurik-1960

Dear modelers. I am not criticizing the author, but at the very beginning of the project I gave links to successful projects of a similar model of the Swift. The young man must correctly perceive the hints and skillfully alter his design. At the beginning of my modeling in 1975, I collected models from drawings. In 23. after graduating from the institute with honors, I took part in the creation of the S-50 rocket, which you don't even mention. None of you suggested that the location of the author's engine is incorrect and even with amplification will lead to breakage and crash. And a thick and vulgar nose? The author has experience cutting styrofoam with a string....if there is no experience to make a cone out of plain cardboard..The designed finished model is a drawing where the places for servomechanisms are indicated, CG. the place of the accumulator, receiver . I think that the author himself realized his mistakes and the next model will be more interesting.

Shurik-1960

I will share my experience . When creating a prototype, a glider model is made in a scalable size (without an engine and steering surfaces). In your case, 1:1 .Throws on the grass (asphalt) determine the optimal CG for glider planning. Based on a certain and marked joint venture, electronics are distributed along the fuselage, adding bulkheads and so on. The result is a model that, with a slight correction, plans almost perfectly. It remains in practice to make the right cuts and choose the right power plant (engine, screw, regulator) that does not change the installed CG.

Crazed Scout Pilot

Thank you Shurik for those insights. I did see the drawings that you posted but I’m sorry I did not understand them because they were in Russian. When I design version 2 I will try to incorporate those tips

Shurik-1960

Round details made of foam plates are easy to make: we apply stationery tape to the upper surface, we begin smoothly, without hurrying, to put the material on the pipe (it turns out perfectly when the pipe is heated to 60 degrees, in winter I went to my boiler room and did it on the pipe from the boiler).The second option is made of thick foam: first we heat a small diameter pipe and burn a hole, then we heat a large diameter pipe and cut out the part. The heating temperature of the pipes is up to the melting point of the foam, by eye. The third option is made of thick foam: we make flat layouts and glue them from 2 sides coaxially, cut them out on a foam cutter with heated nichrome wire.

Crazed Scout Pilot

Hi Shurik,
I was looking the other day for my F-16 video and I saw yours, amazing job!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You really are an amazing builder!