Does anyone know the actual way to assemble tiled plans?

NicCf1

Does anyone know the actual way to assemble tiled plans? Do you cut anything or just leave it? I can't see to get the lines to match no matter how much I try?

Foamforce

You need to trim the edges where the sheets are joined, using the corner marks printed on the sheets. Then tape them together. Then use a kid’s glue stick to glue the full sheet plan to the foam board. I only apply glue to the back of the paper, on the scrap areas between parts. Then stick it down and cut.

NicCf1

You need to trim the edges where the sheets are joined, using the corner marks printed on the sheets. Then tape them together. Then use a kid’s glue stick to glue the full sheet plan to the foam board. I only apply glue to the back of the paper, on the scrap areas between parts. Then stick it down and cut.
Do you cut the part with the dotted 90• lines?

bisco

Elite member
idk if there's a right or wrong way, but i always cut off the borders at the dotted lines, and taped the together.
you have to be careful not to cut off the corner marks

randyrls

Randy
I cutout the individual plane parts using Inkscape. Open one sheet of the plane PDF. Select one complete part of the plane. There is a VouTube video showing how to do this.

Create a new sheet with only that part on it. Paste the part onto the new sheet. Save / Export it to a new PDF. Use Acrobat to print the part as a "Poster" at 100% size. I use 100lb card stock. Each page should have a cross and a round circle portion in corners where it joins other pages. Get a piece of stiff pink foam. Press a pin through the center of the cross at each corner where it appears. Do this for each piece of card stock. Now line up the pin holes on each and press a push pin through the already existing pin holes. Packing tape the two sheets together on one edge, remove the pins and repeat until the entire part is laid out. Flip the part over and tape the other side.

Oh; Be careful not to cover up lines you need to transfer the template to a piece of foam board.