Help! Does Flitetest sponsor supplies?

TheOldMonk

I train a few underpriviledged kids in Aeromodelling - Challenge is that crashes are expensive with pricing of available materials in India. Does Flitetest or members sponsor kits/ used electronics in India?

DaveM

CEO Flite Test
I train a few underpriviledged kids in Aeromodelling - Challenge is that crashes are expensive with pricing of available materials in India. Does Flitetest or members sponsor kits/ used electronics in India?
Currently, we do not sponsor aeromodeling in India. Where do you buy your foam and electronics?

TheOldMonk

Currently, we do not sponsor aeromodeling in India. Where do you buy your foam and electronics?
As much as I detest the businesses who sell illegitimate FT Spin-Off kits in India - Me as a scratch builder does avoid these kits, but has to buy depron/biofoam from them only.

These illegitimate businesses sell kits costly and make the overall RC hobby inaccessible to most of the people further killing the motto of Flitetest.

I started training kids in building techniques to make STEM education and experience more accessible through lesser sought after fields and hobbies like Aviation, RC, Model Building, Flight. Hence, started to provide theory & practical education through scratch building. Hence, checked if we have some genuine FT programs and sponsorships to run in India.

Nowadays, I get electronics from Robu.In but batteries are still very costly. As for foam, we get it from these sellers, or else use Coro sheets, which is cheaper. Flight grade ply is overly priced and so is balsa - PVC sheet is slight cheaper option that I use. As for servos, getting a quality one is dependent on luck as the market is swarming with fake TowerPro stuff - EMax is available at the cost of 5 fake servos - better bargain to trust luck and buy 8 cheap stuff rather than getting 2 EMax.

TheOldMonk

I had reached out earlier as well if Flitetest would like to explore the huge sector in India as the Aviation and Aerospace market is fastest growing in India. Kids and Parents want more avenues to explore in this sector without a cost barrier that has always been associated with aviation and rocket science. The market is ripe to bring in hobby supply in this sector.