Eachine novice II connected but cannot armed

Oneof7billions

Help pls. I have an eachine novice II, at first its running fine. But after about a month not being used, it cannot armed. Display only video feed with no details like before(pic below). Please help. Thanks
P_20211228_124812.jpg

Attachments

• P_20211228_124812.jpg
    P_20211228_124812.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Remove the props and see if you can connect it to the computer and see what betaflight says. Look at what the channels say as far as range. Some radios default right at the edge of those settings and can give strange arming issues. Betaflight will also set flags to know why it wont arm.

Normal control ranges are from 1000us to 2000us Some radios like spectrum set their end points at about 80% and have to be manually extended to + - 147% to meet those ranges. You will also be able to see if you some how turned off the osd stuff or changed some settings by accident with a lucky accidental stick command entry.

Oneof7billions

Remove the props and see if you can connect it to the computer and see what betaflight says. Look at what the channels say as far as range. Some radios default right at the edge of those settings and can give strange arming issues. Betaflight will also set flags to know why it wont arm.

Normal control ranges are from 1000us to 2000us Some radios like spectrum set their end points at about 80% and have to be manually extended to + - 147% to meet those ranges. You will also be able to see if you some how turned off the osd stuff or changed some settings by accident with a lucky accidental stick command entry.

Thanks. I tried and follow all the flags on betaflight, it still cannot armed. And when i change osd setting, nothing changed on the googles.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Did you check to make sure your signal range is 1000us to 2000us on all 4 channels? Also check arm angle and make sure that is set to 180 not that crazy low default number. Finally do a gyro calibration on a level table. See what that gets you.

As far as the OSD make sure your smart audio wire is still connected as that will get you zero results for osd changing.

If your still having trouble get some screen captures for the main pages so we can look over what you got going on.

Oneof7billions

Did you check to make sure your signal range is 1000us to 2000us on all 4 channels? Also check arm angle and make sure that is set to 180 not that crazy low default number. Finally do a gyro calibration on a level table. See what that gets you.

As far as the OSD make sure your smart audio wire is still connected as that will get you zero results for osd changing.

If your still having trouble get some screen captures for the main pages so we can look over what you got going on.

hi, i think i found the problems, in the pic1 the arm mode is deactivate, i activated it, but it not assign on the default switch marked on pic2, instead it assign to left knob. when i tried to turn the knob to armed ranged it still says disarmed. meanwhile, when i flip the switch marked on pic2, no status on pic3 was changed. it seems the switch is not detected on betaflight? i'm sorry if it's hard to understand what i'm saying.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 0
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 0
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 0

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
hi, i think i found the problems, in the pic1 the arm mode is deactivate, i activated it, but it not assign on the default switch marked on pic2, instead it assign to left knob. when i tried to turn the knob to armed ranged it still says disarmed. meanwhile, when i flip the switch marked on pic2, no status on pic3 was changed. it seems the switch is not detected on betaflight? i'm sorry if it's hard to understand what i'm saying.

Ok good find. this is progress. All you have to do now is activate arm then either select the switch you want to use in the pull down menu or you should just be able to toggle the switch and have betaflight auto detect it. Once you do that then all you have to do is set the range you want that switch to activate.. If its a two position switch I usually make the slide bar only 35%- 40% then make sure it is slide to where I want it active which is usually a high state (pos 1) with dis armed in a low state (pos 0) If it s a three way switch I make it even smaller.

If you want you can take a peek at my build thread that is a complete walk thru how I build and set up a quad including screen shots of all the Betaflight pages. there you will see how I set up a 3 position switch for disarm, arm no airmode, and arm with airmode, here:
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...-the-oberon-ob-1-3-inch-quad-evolution.65728/