EASIEST FOAMBOARD IN THE WORLD DIY

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Ok so for the past year now i have been making my own foamboard.... yea making my own foamboard......
i used @cdfigueredo method of gluing paper onto 5mm EPS...
well that process is hard... tiresome and well when the weather is wet... the glue on the foamboard starts to rot when you want it to dry
... no offense cdfigueredo.. if it hadn't been for you i would never have gotten into this hobby.
but i had started thinking surely there is a better way to do this... more efficient higher quality......
then the other day i was watching a ft video.. can't remember which one.. and josh mentioned that their paper was stuck onto the foamboard by heat and pressure... HMMM... that got me thinking....
if i could simulate that then possibly i could make foam quickly and easily.............
first thing what does every person have lying around their house that creates heat.....toaster.... kettle.. geyser....CLOTHES IRON..
it has a flat surface and you can press down on it to simulate the pressure factor... BINGO!!!
watch the video below to find out just how to do it..
Matthew du Preez Signing off

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Ok so for the past year now i have been making my own foamboard.... yea making my own foamboard......
i used @cdfigueredo method of gluing paper onto 5mm EPS...
well that process is hard... tiresome and well when the weather is wet... the glue on the foamboard starts to rot when you want it to dry
... no offense cdfigueredo.. if it hadn't been for you i would never have gotten into this hobby.
but i had started thinking surely there is a better way to do this... more efficient higher quality......
then the other day i was watching a ft video.. can't remember which one.. and josh mentioned that their paper was stuck onto the foamboard by heat and pressure... HMMM... that got me thinking....
if i could simulate that then possibly i could make foam quickly and easily.............
first thing what does every person have lying around their house that creates heat.....toaster.... kettle.. geyser....CLOTHES IRON..
it has a flat surface and you can press down on it to simulate the pressure factor... BINGO!!!
watch the video below to find out just how to do it..
Matthew du Preez Signing off
Hey that's looks fantastic!!!! Congrats! That was something I tried before but never thought about it as a way of replacing my technique.
I think I will try it today for sure!!!

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Hey that's looks fantastic!!!! Congrats! That was something I tried before but never thought about it as a way of replacing my technique.
I think I will try it today for sure!!!
yea it sure is much faster and smoother... plus for making master series planes then i will only iron on one side of paper so that it uses less paper and it saves me having to throw away the paper from that side