Edgewater Air Park (UPDATE)

JennyC6

Elite member
Officially, from the Edgewater Airpark Founders Facebook group. Just looking at the email again, though, it's weird that it's not showing up. The email has a subject of "Edgewater Updates" but then a sub-subject line of "Edgewater is officially open for FT community members to come and fly on the first runway". Weirdly, that doesn't show up in the body of the email. But go to the website - http://edgewaterairpark.com/ - read the rules, fill out the waiver, and fly.

Wait, I found it in the email...
What I like most?

unknown.png

So nice to see a group inclusive enough that even us nitro nuts are welcome. So many fields are either, by choice or by force, having to shut us out just to stay alive. Can't wait to get up to Edgewater in August and make some noise at FPVFest 2019!

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I asked this question in another section with no replies. What are the hours of operation at Edgewater Air park ? Are they open 7 days a week ?

Thanks for any input,
Al

Fidget

I am surprised there has not been any replies to my question.
Yeah; my impression is that they're not spelled out. I just posted the question to the Edgewater Founders group on Facebook. I'll put the answer here if it gets one.

alan0043

Yeah; my impression is that they're not spelled out. I just posted the question to the Edgewater Founders group on Facebook. I'll put the answer here if it gets one.

Hi Fidget,

Thank you for the help. I live only 30 minutes away. I know with my luck if I would head out that way, they would be closed. I have played that golf course many different times in the past.

Thank you again for the help,
Al

Captain Video

You are lucky to be that close. I have a 90 minute drive from Columbus and my sons and I want to make a trip there before FFOH 19 to see it.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
You are lucky to be that close. I have a 90 minute drive from Columbus and my sons and I want to make a trip there before FFOH 19 to see it.

We need to get a group together to run up from Columbus.... You must be on the north side if it is only 90 minutes...

Captain Video

Do you you have a Sunday or Saturday in June available. I can consult my Day Planner (my wife). I still want to make a run up there prior to the event. Where is you favorite place to fly in Worthington?

Fidget

Do you you have a Sunday or Saturday in June available. I can consult my Day Planner (my wife). I still want to make a run up there prior to the event. Where is you favorite place to fly in Worthington?

Don't think I'll have a day in June, but will keep looking.
There are some soccer fields near Perry Park and behind Phoenix Middle School where I've usually flown. Close enough to the OSU airport that I have to call and notify them when I fly. But this spring there are a bunch of signs saying nobody can use the field without a reservation. I'm not clear if it's part of the park or part of the school, or what the issue was. I've flown there less than 10 times (I build a lot more than I fly), so I think they're targeting pick-up soccer games and dog walkers rather than RC folks.
I mean to join the club in Westerville at the base of the Alum Creek dam in the next year or two.

Tronglodon

I'll be at Flite Fest this year. Do we know if Edgewater will even be open during the event, or will the whole crew be at FF?

Captain Video

hey Fidget:
We like to fly at genoa middle school, which is part of the Westerville schools. It is on old route 3. soccer sometimes gets in the way of flying but there is tons of space. If the weather cooperates I plan to fly this weekend. I just got my AMA but have not been to Dineen field much. I expect to start to go there more often.