Electronics mounting

Hey fellas...question about electronics?

It's hard to see on the vids and pics but I am wondering how you would mount your controller on a bat bone V Tail? Can you bolt them directly on to the lower plate or will vibration be a problem? I think some of the guys have been using foam and double sided tape...but that seems kind of hokey to me. If any of you have any good close up pics of your set up, I would sincerely appreciate a look!

Cheers,

Jim

brettp2004

I had double sided tape on my batbone before it flew away... Now I have an electro hub and have it mounted with double sided tape. Hokey, maybe. But it works great.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Yep... double sided foam tape. I like the smelly "outdoor" tape I bought at Home Depot that's supposedly rated for 30lbs per square inch. They do make antivibration mounts with those little gel standoffs, but why bother with the extra weight and bulk when the tape works great?

I have a Flip 1.5 taped to my Electrohub based tricopter.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I want to be able to take it off again without breaking, so for older builds I've used eight zip-ties going through the FC holes and the frame and some foam inbetween. Four of the zip-ties are cut directly at the locking head or however it's called. So you needle one zip tie through the frame, the foam and the FC and use the locking part of a second zip-tie to lock it down. There was a nice picture here on the forum, but I can't find it right now.

For newer builds I'm going for the method Twitchity and others are using now: O-Rings for dampening vibration and screws/nuts.

Well thanks for that, boys!

Yannow...when you're new to something sometimes stuff that is common sense to the old hands just looks intuitively wrong to the newbie. I've set mine up with foam and double sided tape and all seems well...