EZ 3chMicro Twin SR-71 Profile Build

Flyingshark

Master member
It was just rolling like heck
It sounds like the v-stabs might be too small? Since it (the real one) was meant to fly really fast most of the time, it doesn't have much wing and rudder area. And all those small surfaces are going to be less effective at low speeds. It sounds like it rolled right after you launched it, maybe it just needs more speed to be able to deal with the wind and the p-factor stuff from the motors.

TL;DR
Maybe try launching/flying it faster? (Power and speed solve many things. :))

L Edge

Master member
So what your telling me there is a FC that does the work. If that is so, you have no way of making changes. So, I guess you just try. If the nose goes up, your tail heavy. It it heads for the ground, try moving aft.
So what your telling me there is a FC that does the work. If that is so, you have no way of making changes. So, I guess you just try. If the nose goes up, your tail heavy. It it heads for the ground, try moving aft.
It sounds like the v-stabs might be too small? Since it (the real one) was meant to fly really fast most of the time, it doesn't have much wing and rudder area. And all those small surfaces are going to be less effective at low speeds. It sounds like it rolled right after you launched it, maybe it just needs more speed to be able to deal with the wind and the p-factor stuff from the motors.

TL;DR
Maybe try launching/flying it faster? (Power and speed solve many things. :))

Not for landing. Same thing will happen.

Flyingshark

Master member
Not for landing. Same thing will happen.
Yeah, flying faster doesn't solve the entire problem, but it might help for some of the flight, and there aren't any changes to the airframe. That's why I suggested making the v-stabs a little larger, but that still might not solve the rolling problem though.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Check the way you have the board mounted. It looks like it has to be mounted a specific way for the gyro's to function properly.

GrizWiz

Elite member
Alright I added dihedral and a slot for the control board to sit straight in! If some one else can work on this version that has the 3 channel pack that would be great!

Attachments

• BlackBirdEZFullV1.2.pdf
    11.3 KB · Views: 0