F450 Flight controller

V8Volvo245

Hi all. I'm new to mulitrotors but not RC and have what I hope is a simple question:
I'm building a 450 quad, and presume these came into existence before 30x30 Flight Controllers became a standard. I have a Speedy Bee F405stack that I want to use on my 450 but the holes on the top plate don't line up.
I was hoping that someone had developed a 3D print mount/adapter but suspect that I'm using the wrong search terms as I'm struggling here. I'm an old fart after all!
For all hose of you that tell me not to go the 450 route I'm not planning on racing or doing freestyle, I just want to get up in the air and take some video. I'm also building a couple of Eclipson fixed wing models for FPV for this too. For the quad, I've already bought the motors, the frame and FC, so I'm building it! 😜

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I have done this many years ago.... let me see how I mounted it....

Ah, I did it with a knock off A450 frame that had 30x30 mount holes. My F450 does not have the same mounting.

IMG_20231218_201124825.jpg

I would use something like this and use double sided foam tape to mount it to the plate.

LB

Last edited:

V8Volvo245

I have done this many years ago.... let me see how I mounted it....

Ah, I did it with a knock off A450 frame that had 30x30 mount holes. My F450 does not have the same mounting.

View attachment 241434

I would use something like this and use double sided foam tape to mount it to the plate.

LB
Thanks- that's what I was thinking myself but my printer decided that yesterday was a perfect time to throw a hissy fit and not print any internal structures, infill or top layers! Got it all sorted now, though. One of the planes I'm currently printing has a flight controller mounting and as I was printing it I thought "why don't you just print off another one of these, you idiot?"