First RC build. 250 Blackout

RanHam335

What's up. So I have been watching youtube videos of quadcopters for a while now and was interested in them. But never thought it was worth it because I figured if I got one it would get boring after about a month. But then I discovered 250 fpv and it looked so fun I spontaneously bought a blackout super mini h ARE kit. So now I'm waiting on that to come in but then I discovered that there's a lot to these quads. So I figured I'd post on here and tell you my plan and get some suggestions on what to do. So In the ARE kit I'm getting:
Blackout super mini h chassis with 6 inch arms
Tiger MN2206 2350kv motors
12amp SimonK ESC.
6 inch props

The reason I went with 6 inch is so I could get more thrust to carry a gopro. Starting off I'm not going to mess with fpv since I've never flown a quad before but I'll look into that later. So I'm going to wait till I get the chassis before I order anything else but this is what I've been scouting out:
Cc3d flight controller
turnigy 9x model radio controller and receiver

My first question is do I have to get a voltage regulator for the turnigy transmitter since I think it only can handle 6 volts?

Second question is 3s or 4s batteries. My understanding is the 4s will supply more power to the motors and the ESC needs to be rated high enough to handle it?

I know I probably jump a billion steps ahead buying a blackout kit right off the bat but my hope is I bought a good enough kit that I won't be wanting to build a second quad. Thanks.

Last edited:

quadsview

If you have never flown multirotors before I would recommend you buy something that can take a beating. I personally have a Hubsan X4 and it is extremely durable. I have also heard great thing about the Nano qx. It is good to be able to know how a quad feels so you don't go out and immediately crash your Blackout.

rcflyer729

fpv and rc planes
don't go with 4s and 6 in props it will be way to much and your escs are probably to small just get something like a 2200 3cell battery also I would not get a cc3d they are ok and very easy to setup but you will never get your quad to fly perfect my personal favorite is the naze 32 get that it is cheep and really good It is not the easiest to setup but if you post here I would be glad to help you with anything you need setting it up

jipp

welcome. i would recommend you go with a hudson mini quad 49.00, or the blade nano QX BNF 69.00. its what im learning on now. i could not even imaging trying to learn on a larger quad to start out. so when i see the guys with experience recommending this mini quad i took there advice and glad i did. i would of had to throw it in the trash and start over with in the first week. LOL.. the blade nano iv crashed so much and its still going strong.. even tho i can say i am getting much better. crashs are far less now.. i also recommend getting a flight simulator. it will help with muscle memory and give you something to do when the batteries are charging. i plan on starting to build my quad over the next few months as money allows and i get the rest of the needed stuff for this hobbie.. i need a charger too. sigh.

good luck on your adventure. if you have the money go ahead and learn on the black out i guess. im disabled so i had to take the cheaper rout :p however, i think id rather fly than fix.. so the mini quad probably is a better idea. :p:
chris.