Fixable Corsair For Sale

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
The very first order I ever made with Hobby King, which is when I first got into the hobby, I ordered a cheap trainer plane and a warbird. I was thinking that I could learn on the trainer and then jump straight to the Corsair. I was wrong. Horribly, horribly wrong. But I did the smart thing and I waited until I felt like I could handle the Corsair before I attempted to fly it. Which was after flying once in a while for almost a year and going through too many planes (scratch builds) to count.

This is the plane that I'm selling, but I think I'm going to just offer it for free. But you pay shipping. https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=18480

I literally flew it once. Only for a few seconds. It got into a vertical climb. Clearly I couldn't handle it. And when I was trying to get it down I got into a nose dive and crashed straight into a corn picker. The only hard surface around.

Basically the damage is:
- it broke in half.
- at least one servo stripped (looks like a 5 gram servo). It is one of the aileron servos. I don't remember which one.
- one of the aileron hinges is cracked loose. The crack goes about half way down the hinge.
- the motor broke loose/got unglued.
- the spinner exploded.
- broken prop, but I still have one spare that came with it.
- the foam all around the nose, right behind the motor, is crumpled.

I think the motor and ESC are perfectly fine. I haven't tested it, but the motor appears to be unharmed. Apparently the ESCs that came with these planes aren't the best. The throttle response seemed to be lacking (probably on purpose).

It's up to you if you want it for the motor and ESC, but the plane is perfectly fixable and should fly like new after some gluing. I used Goop to glue it together, if that matters to you.

If you're wondering why I don't fix it and use it, it's because I know I can't handle it yet and I don't think I'll get there any time soon. Currently I'm not interesting in flying a little, fast, scale plane. My goals in the hobby have changed since I found out about scratch building. I'd rather eventually buy, or even better build, a big scale warbird. But not something this small and fast.

P1240659.jpg

This is the only damage to the canopy.
P1240660.jpg

The elevator isn't perfectly level, but it's just how the foam is.
P1240661.jpg

I have weird connectors for the battery on it. I used to use crimp on connectors.
P1240662.jpg

The exploded spinner. It needs a new one if you want to keep the scale look. The motor is unglued so it looks funny.
P1240663.jpg

P1240664.jpg

P1240665.jpg

The damage around the nose.
P1240666.jpg

Some damage to the wings.
P1240667.jpg

The wings are fine.
P1240668.jpg

Any questions, ask. PM me if you want it. I want it to go to someone that will fly it and can handle it. So preferably to someone that has been in the hobby for a while and/or has flown something similar before. I can't think of any uses for the motor, so it's fine if you just want the ESC and motor. If no one wants it, then I might just glue it together, hang it from the ceiling, and use it as a display model.

Last edited:

rcspaceflight

Well... maybe I would put a much smaller motor on it and fix it. The real problem is the motor. A 1950KV motor on a 3S battery with a 5.5 x 4.5 prop is just way too much speed and power than I can handle. But I don't know if it would fly well at all with a small little motor on it.

Mik3

Mr. Gee Bee
If u still have this and are giving it away then how much to ship to 71601? This is one of my friends favorite planes and I would repair and give to him.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Actually I acquired the corsair yesterday. Sorry about that!
I will say that it flies well, but I am repairing it due to some ESC interference.

RCSF, it flies awesome! Only trouble was the ESC, but I replaced it and now it's flying great.

rcspaceflight

Actually I acquired the corsair yesterday. Sorry about that!
I will say that it flies well, but I am repairing it due to some ESC interference.

RCSF, it flies awesome! Only trouble was the ESC, but I replaced it and now it's flying great.

I probably should have warned you. I read on the Hobby King site that the ESC that came with the plane was "junk", according to most of the people that commented.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Well, I repaired the crash damage last night, and(due to crash damage) also rewound the motor with 22g wire, making capable of 40ish amps.:cool:

I also shrank the vert stab, but I haven't finished sanding it. I'll try to finish it and remaiden it after school today.

image.jpg

image.jpg