Flite Fest 2015 Recap

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

flitefest2015-2-png_1438630530.jpg

We recently wrapped up our favorite weekend of the year, Flite Fest! This 4 day fly-a-thon is something we work very hard to organize and two years in a row the community has blown us away with attendance.
Pilots from all over the world were represented along with many more vendors. We didn't think after last year this could get any bigger. You proved us wrong!
Getting to meet all of you is what we look forward to. Flying together and making memories makes all the insane planning more than worth it.
This event is as much yours as it is ours and we thank you for making the effort to come and hang out with us!

flitefest2015-4-png_1438630554.jpg

flitefest2015-5-png_1438630562.jpg

flitefest2015-6-png_1438630572.jpg

flitefest2015-8-png_1438630584.jpg

flitefest2015-9-png_1438630595.jpg

flitefest2015-10-png_1438630610.jpg

flitefest2015-11-png_1438630621.jpg

flitefest2015-12-png_1438630632.jpg

flitefest2015-13-png_1438630644.jpg

flitefest2015-14-png_1438630655.jpg

flitefest2015-15-png_1438630669.jpg

flitefest2015-16-png_1438630679.jpg

flitefest2015-17-png_1438630685.jpg

flitefest2015-18-png_1438630696.jpg

We couldn't have done this event if it weren't for our volunteers. You are all amazing humans!

Fred Provost
Ben Greenwalt
Tim McMahan
Jon McCarty
Sean Cochran
Ryan Papp
David Raynor
Andrew Arnold (Andy) Ross
Andre Rousseau
Jim & Jack Erickson
Mark Irvin
Luis Russi
Nicholas DiVitto
Robert & Penny Davis
Andy Timmons
Aaron Blake
Stephen Rosema
Alex Houston
Steve Zvada
Thomas & Stephen Walter
Dan & Keegan Sponholz
Michael Finley
Jan Stover
Curtis & Sue Adams
Jason Uberig
Time Meehan
Brad & Jack Molen
Mike Molen
Dan Crews
Jesse Robins
John & Lucas Russcher
Pieter Hoogvorst
Alejandro Rovillard
Paul Jennings
Josh Wenzel
Allen Schmidt
Richard Ames
Kenny Ames
Keven Evanoski
Pete DeMoss
Stephen (Drew) Wilkerson
Patrick Shawn Murphey
Chris Krawczyk
Ken Rinaman
Nick Simpson
Bryan McCord
Chris Windham
Rich Edmonds
Andres Lu
Nathan P Conley
James Macius
Terry Loughmiller
Christopher Casaccia
Jimmy McIntosh
Brian Rydzeski
Brian Meyer
Gregory A Walter
Jeremy Thompson
David Husher
Kevin Hoskins
Jim Newton
Neil Baugher
Ron Lauser
Joe Birchhill
Mike McTague
Jeremy Thompson
Andy Chase
Mike McCormick
Eddie Black
Wendy Willett
Brydon Gibson
Rodney Kearney
Joe Osborne
Bryan J McCord
Joni Hoskins
David E. Simpson
Clayton Greaves
Joshua Pedar Wyatt Greaves
Toby & James Ray
Ben Kocsis
Rick Tatem
Merritt Caviness
Carl Lydick
Stephen Simonson
Thomas E. Armour Jr.
Andrew Guenther
Mindy Surratt
Jeff Bezusko
Tim Klotz
Devin Crumb
Bates McLain
Aaron Garmon
Abdullah "Tarik" Can Agcayazi
Jeremiah E. Walker
Mark Moebes
Sarah Korsness
Jimmy McIntosh
Lin Qiongying
David Frappier
Matthew Burns
Darrin DeLaPorte
Jason & Brock Stropki
Zhu Zihui

This is the list of people who preregistered to volunteer and doesn't count all the people who volunteered at the site.
We are sorry we can't name everyone but please know we are eternally grateful for your time and effort.
All of your hard work is appreciated a thousand times over. Flite Fest couldn't have happened without you!

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
Funny, I see myself in the screen cap of the FPV racers (I'm in the background on the left side looking off the edge of the photo) but I didn't see myself in that clip in the actual video :)

I did however see my wife and daughter playing with their chuck gliders around the 10:40 mark :D (I saw Dave Knopp filming them so I figured they had a chance of making the video!)

Can't wait to watch this at home where I have audio so I can relive the experience again :D

IFlyRCstuff

Flyer Of Many Things
FTFF was purely awesomeness. Not to mention the Fureys. A huge thank you to them for letting us tear up there field. I know I got to help out and have so many guys help out me, it was epic!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
And I now have a new favorite episode! ;)

Thanks Flite Test for all that you do for the hobby and for adopting us all into the Flite Test family. I'd also like to mirror IFlyRCstuff's thank you to the Furey's for hosting again this year. And thanks to all of the volunteers for making Flite Fest 2015 a great success. We'll see you next year!

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Wow! I got in this video a lot! I have a favorite too Dan!

They caught the crash with my Baby Baron (black and yellow) and Julian Waters combat beast at launch. I was his first victim, no damage just didn't have enough height to recover.
Combat with Baby Baron.JPG
Combat with Baby Baron taken out by Julian Waters, first casuilty of the epic combat.JPG
Combat with Baby Baron taken out by Julian Waters, first casuilty of the epic combat 4.JPG

Me filming the rest of the Friday Combat (have not uploaded that one yet)
me filming friday combat after my early crash.JPG

Helping in the build tent with a Mini Guinea (timelapsed, had no idea it was there)
helping build mini guinea.JPG

Me and NerdNic on the flight line about to maiden my nnP39.
me and Nic on flightline with nnP39 before maiden.JPG

Didn't see my daughter anywhere, may have to watch again.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
Got to re-watch with audio. Loved it :) Except for one thing...no audio on the jet and 3D demo :( I admit I'm not huge on the FT music but I'd still rather hear that jet again even with crowd noise and interruptions than even my favorite music instead of the actual sounds.

My wife and daughter were excited to see themselves too. Really hope we can do this again next year!

earthsciteach

Got to re-watch with audio. Loved it :) Except for one thing...no audio on the jet and 3D demo :( I admit I'm not huge on the FT music but I'd still rather hear that jet again even with crowd noise and interruptions than even my favorite music instead of the actual sounds.

My wife and daughter were excited to see themselves too. Really hope we can do this again next year!

Agreed on the need for audio from the event. Sounds of combat, the demos, and clips of attendees talking would add to the capturing of the feel of the event.

FTFF 2015 was another spectacularly memorable event! If you can at all make it next year, DO! It is pure magic!!!