Flite Fest 2022Official Volunteer thread

Fasted2629

My name is Eddie Black. I am the Flite Fest Volunteer Coordinator.

I am looking for another great year at Flite Fest 2022

My goal is simple for volunteers. I would like to only have two shifts per volunteer all weekend long with no back-to-back days.
(Thursday/Saturday, Friday/Sunday)

I want to do my best to keep my goals. To do this I need as many of you fantastic people as I can get.
This will allow everyone to give to the event and have plenty of time to enjoy it.

I encourage you to tap your flying buddies on their digital shoulders (hint hint hint -->) and encourage them to become part of the team.
To signup please follow this link.... https://www.flitefest.com/volunteers

I hope to be sending out some more details and information very soon.

In the meantime, if you have questions please email me volunteercoordinator@flitetest.com

Eddie Black
Flite Fest Volunteer Coordinator

volunteercoordinator@flitetest.com

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
I have put in my vacation request for the week of FF. I have limited flying skills and only moderate build skills, would there still be opportunities for me to volunteer?
There are plenty of jobs. Work the flight line and make sure planes go the right direction. Help out in the store. Or sign up to drive one of the limo golf carts and pick up people at their camp sites and bring them to show center. The list of job areas is on the volunteer page.

Mr.Grinch

I was actually just putting that out there as a way to break the ice for anyone else that might be thinking the same thing and not wanting to ask. I’ve not ever had the time off, and know more than a few days in advance if I’d even be able to make it. I’m happy that this year I’ll actually be able to attend and volunteer.

Yankee2003

My name is Eddie Black. I am the Flite Fest Volunteer Coordinator.

I am looking for another great year at Flite Fest 2022

My goal is simple for volunteers. I would like to only have two shifts per volunteer all weekend long with no back-to-back days.
(Thursday/Saturday, Friday/Sunday)

I want to do my best to keep my goals. To do this I need as many of you fantastic people as I can get.
This will allow everyone to give to the event and have plenty of time to enjoy it.

I encourage you to tap your flying buddies on their digital shoulders (hint hint hint -->) and encourage them to become part of the team.
To signup please follow this link.... https://www.flitefest.com/volunteers

I hope to be sending out some more details and information very soon.

In the meantime, if you have questions please email me volunteercoordinator@flitetest.com

Eddie Black
Flite Fest Volunteer Coordinator

volunteercoordinator@flitetest.com

Is there a time frame on when we can expect to hear back?

Fasted2629

Is there a time frame on when we can expect to hear back?
Unless there have been very specific negative issues in the past if you sign up to be a volunteer you will be a volunteer.
Scheduling won't be done until May. This is so I don't have to constantly edit and change the schedule. Also, flite crew selections won't be completed until late April and I will meet with those people individually to ensure they are willing to work the amount of time needed to "Red Shirt". If you have specific questions about the process please feel free to email me.

Yankee2003

Unless there have been very specific negative issues in the past if you sign up to be a volunteer you will be a volunteer.
Scheduling won't be done until May. This is so I don't have to constantly edit and change the schedule. Also, flite crew selections won't be completed until late April and I will meet with those people individually to ensure they are willing to work the amount of time needed to "Red Shirt". If you have specific questions about the process please feel free to email me.

Eddie,
Thank you for laying that out for us first time volunteers.