Flite Test & Donations

Guy

Hi everyone.

My name is Guy, 36 yrs old for the moment, I am French so, sorry for the English

I am in RC hobby since 20 years and I started with racing car, racing boats, then 5 to 6 years ago with RC copters.

I started planes thanks to flitetest.

My first built was a SpitFire. I had so much fun scratch building this thing that I decided to built an other one.

Then I decided to reward flitetest for this, I went online and guess what:

NO DONATION possible !!!!

So I end up buying a dual SpitFire kit and by the way end up paying something like 15 box for the post office handling thru TEXAS.

Not so cool when you can scratchbuilt.

So I decided to contact JoshB by email to ask him to settle a way for people to donate.

Now my scratch built fleet is made of

-2SpitFires
-1FT3D
-2VersaWings

and I just had the FT Racer plane downloaded today... Madnesssssssss......

When you think about it:

-Nice Guys (all of the Joshs, David and Chad and I assume the rest of the crew)
-Nice planes - detailed, nice build
-Nice variety of planes
-Nice & clear PDFs
-Free PDFs
-Nice professional show (Chad touch I assume, nice intro, nice music, nice theme, nice colors, nice inserts, nice nice nice)

PROFESSIONAL

So far, the best RC show I ever seen. With this quality, you guys could have a show on national TV.

Give me a way to reward you guys for the good work, without having to pay the post office for handling things I can built on my own

D O N A T I O N

Maybe they are others like me, skilled enough to build on their own and who want to reward for good work without rewarding the post office for their good work

You may not get significant amount of money by this channel but this is not its purpose.
Its purpose is to allow people to thank you the way they can, even if they can build their own RC planes.

Allow donations would be great.

Over all, my planes flight experience is limited to 2 shots during those 20 yrs of RC
Both flights last something like 35 sec, so I would say something like 1 min in the air in 20 yrs - I am more a builder for the moment.

For the first one - 15 yrs ago, my father, brother and me built together a TAXI plane, out of balsa wood, spent 2 month building this thing during the WE, then covering with plastic film and ironing.
We crashed it in 35 sec top time, never rebuild it.

The second flight was my first SpitFire, I think balance was bad, and I thing its not for a beginner even coming from RC copter.
35 sec in the air than crash but I fixed it building an other fuselage out of 1$ foam board, taking again so much fun building and fixing the thing (wings were not butchered in the process).

How cool is that ?

Actually, the two Spits I ordered are still in their box and will stay in until I found a use for them.

I will start the building of the FT racer this WE I think.

Thanks Flite Test Crew, and please, allow people to donate.

Guy

Attachments

• 2013-09-05 11.32.34.jpg
    2013-09-05 11.32.34.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
What I do is buy a speed build kit and use it for my scratch build templates so I am able to help out in that small way even though, like yourself, I am no stranger to scratch building. I'm in the US though, so the shipping isn't so extravagant. Maybe you can purchase some of the smaller items like stickers and decals so the boxes can be smaller and shipping is cheaper? It's not a perfect solution, but maybe you can give them some support without giving most of your effort on shipping...

Guy

Yes you are right.
In my case, after Chad's video about airbrushing, I went for an airbrush. So I can personalize my planes as I wish.

I will maybe go for Tshirts though

A paypal address is all i think they need for us to donate.

But maybe this is simply not in the tubes for the moment.

It is weird, it is like begging to do something good...

Best&Bless

Guy

What I do is buy a speed build kit and use it for my scratch build templates so I am able to help out in that small way even though, like yourself, I am no stranger to scratch building. I'm in the US though, so the shipping isn't so extravagant. Maybe you can purchase some of the smaller items like stickers and decals so the boxes can be smaller and shipping is cheaper? It's not a perfect solution, but maybe you can give them some support without giving most of your effort on shipping...

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Is there a return address on what you have received from the FliteTest Store. Just send an anonymous donation to that address. They won't know who sent it or how to refuse it I bet! ;)

Thurmond

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Chad has always wanted Flite Test to be free to the viewers. I'm sure that he feels that by adding a donation option, it's like asking for money, which would be one step from charging for the show.

I try to buy something from the store every month. I also donate my time to the forum, and promote the show whenever I can. More viewers, means more advertising dollars, and it means more customers for the store.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Yeah, I completely understand why they do not want donations. But I do know that they thanked people for donating a plane for them to review. Maybe ask them if you can buy them a plane and since you're in France, that you'd have to send them money to buy the plane, instead of sending them one. On second thought, you could see if you could buy the plane and have it shipped to them. :)

But again, I understand why they do not want donations. They want to help you, not be helped by you.

baronbernie

Everyone has great ideas, let me add one to the list. There are times we go to anothers persons house for one reason or another (Christmas, birthdays, ect) and if we do not know what to give them, a gift card is offered from there favorte place to eat, department store, hobby store is given. Why not have some one collect donations and purchase a Hobby King Card and present it to flite test as a birthday gift rather than a donation. Does any one know when flite test started? :cool:

Guy

Hi everyone,

You all have great ideas, thank you all for your testimonies. I think I will use these suggestions from time to time.

Most important is to make a lot of publicity for FliteTest among people.

Best&Bless.

Guy