Flite Test Golf?

Hoomi

Master member
Being as our illustrious Flite Test crew own a golf course, I wonder if they have ever considered merging the two activities, and playing a round of Flite Test golf?

How this would work is, each player has a Storch and a putter. From the tee, the player takes off with their golf ball secured in the drop device on the underside of the Storch. They fly the Storch down the fairway, and attempt to drop the ball as close to the hole as possible. If the ball lands off the green, they must take off from where it lies and try again. Once the ball is on the green, they use the conventional putter to sink the shot.

For the sake of more even competition, this could be played with or without FPV gear, but all players in a group either using it or not using it (or, incorporating a handicap system for those not flying FPV).

Scoring follows normal golf convention, with the total number of drops/strokes to sink the ball counting, and winner being the one with the lowest overall score.

Hoomi

Master member
I've seen their Glider Golf video, which, yeah, is more a combo of model aircraft and disc golf (I believe the company that owns the "Frisbee" trademark gave them problems with calling it "Frisbee Golf").

I just thought dropping a golf ball from a plane, rather than smacking it with a driver, would make for an interesting twist on the links.

It'd be even funnier to get it described the way Robin Williams described the invention of golf in one of his stand-up routines, but the language would never make it onto the Flite Test channel. I don't think I've ever heard the Flite Test guys so much as say, "Dang," when something goes wrong.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I agree, that would be fun to see. you would have a bomb drop via. fpv feed to try and drop a golf ball into a golf hole.