Flite Test products in Hobby Town :)

trimore

I just got a email that Flite Test products will be in local Hobby Town stores. I have been wishing that I could get FT foam board locally so I did not have to buy a box....

"You can find Flite Test products at: www.amainhobbies.com, www.hobbytown.com and select local Hobby Town locations with more added each day. Don't see Flite Test in your local store? Ask them about it!"

TexMechsRobot

Posted a thousand or more times
Anything you see on their website, your local store can order for free shipping even if they don't have it in stock. This makes me beyond excited!!

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

chasedog90

FYI each Hobby Town USA will be different. Each one is independently owned and operated so I wouldn't expect to see it go big in them until it is closer to November/December.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Sadly the Hobby Town USA near me (a convenient 5 min drive) went out of business many years ago. Good to see that the franchise is still going and trying to keep up with the modern side of the hobby.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Why do I keep sing the words "Wont you take me to Hobby Towwwwn" to 70's disco themed music..

Now that will be in my head for three days or more...

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
That is cool. I am disappointed by our local Hobby Town in Tukwila though, as they carry mainly rc car stuff. The Hobby Town up in Redmond though rocks! Redmond carrys a lot of airplane stuff and I bet they will have FT stuff there too. But, I guess we can always have our local store order it for us if needed.

TexMechsRobot

That is cool. I am disappointed by our local Hobby Town in Tukwila though, as they carry mainly rc car stuff. The Hobby Town up in Redmond though rocks! Redmond carrys a lot of airplane stuff and I bet they will have FT stuff there too. But, I guess we can always have our local store order it for us if needed.

By the way, these are owned by the same guy. He has catered each store to match the population it serves. The Tukwila store actually has more overall inventory (mostly due to the quantity of scale plastic kits) but the Redmond store has a better selection of model paints and RC planes.

In any case, if you can find it on the website for Tower Hobbies, Horizon Hobby, or Hobby Town, your local Hobby Town store and order it for you with free shipping to their store even if they don't normally stock it.

Tench745

Master member
When I got this email I was really hoping to see boxes (or individual sheets) of the FT foam available through Hobby Town. Alas, that has not happened yet.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Sounds like I need to go in to my Hobby Town and tell them I want them to start carrying the FT kits. I just built (and maidened) my Sea Duck yesterday, and I'm looking to pick up an FT Racer to go along with the Duster I'm currently working on.

sprzout

Mentor
Ugh. Went in to my local HobbyTown on Sunday to try and inquire about Flite Test stuff. The owners looked at me (to quote A Christmas Story) "as if I had lobsters crawling out of my ears." They had no idea what I was talking about, and didn't seem to care much about selling any of it

I'm hoping it's just this one particular store, and that the next closest one, 25 mi. north, will carry Flite Test stuff (or at least be receptive to carrying it if I ask).

TexMechsRobot

Ugh. Went in to my local HobbyTown on Sunday to try and inquire about Flite Test stuff. The owners looked at me (to quote A Christmas Story) "as if I had lobsters crawling out of my ears." They had no idea what I was talking about, and didn't seem to care much about selling any of it

I'm hoping it's just this one particular store, and that the next closest one, 25 mi. north, will carry Flite Test stuff (or at least be receptive to carrying it if I ask).

Your local Hobby Town is not like your local Target or Walmart. They only stock things that their constituents are actively buying and they don't all stock the same things since they are franchised. It is VERY unlikely that many Hobby Town stores have any Flite Test products on the shelves or even know what Flite Test is.

You will have to visit them, share with the owner of your local store your passion for Flite Test and convince them that you will be buying Flite Test products from their store if they stock it.

The best way to do this is buy something Flite Test from your local Hobby Town. Walk in the door knowing what you want (Sportster speed build kit, or Power Pack B for instance). Have them search on their computer for the item and they will order it for you. Shipping will be free and you can pick it up in a week or so. It will show the owner that they have people in the area buying Flight Test products.

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
Hey everyone!

We are also super excited about this new initiative with Amain and Hobby town! We are always looking to see how these new initiatives work out for our community! So, we definitely want to know from you all how it all goes and if this has been a positive/negative experience etc!

Also, there will be more and more product coming in the future in different stores across the nation. Hopefully we will have everything you will ever need or want someday! ;)

Blessings and happy flying everyone!

Stefan

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
The closest HobbyTown to me (Oshkosh), has white and brown individual sheets of foam in the store! They also sent out an email flyer on July 5th featuring the FT Mini Guinea, Mini Arrow and Mini Speedster. Hope to see more products in the store in the future.

sprzout

Mentor
Your local Hobby Town is not like your local Target or Walmart. They only stock things that their constituents are actively buying and they don't all stock the same things since they are franchised. It is VERY unlikely that many Hobby Town stores have any Flite Test products on the shelves or even know what Flite Test is.

You will have to visit them, share with the owner of your local store your passion for Flite Test and convince them that you will be buying Flite Test products from their store if they stock it.

The best way to do this is buy something Flite Test from your local Hobby Town. Walk in the door knowing what you want (Sportster speed build kit, or Power Pack B for instance). Have them search on their computer for the item and they will order it for you. Shipping will be free and you can pick it up in a week or so. It will show the owner that they have people in the area buying Flight Test products.

I don't disagree with you at all, but when I told the owner that this was on the HobbyTown website, and I'd be interested in ordering some kits (I was looking to purchase the Duster and Racer), I was met with apathy, and a "We'll see if we can order it, but it's not something I've heard of before."

This particular location (San Marcos) has had issues with customer service based on several interactions from my fellow club members; I've started reaching out to the Temecula location to see if they are more willing to work with me, despite it being 25 mi. away. I'm willing to make a trip if they're going to stock the kits!

TexMechsRobot

I don't disagree with you at all, but when I told the owner that this was on the HobbyTown website, and I'd be interested in ordering some kits (I was looking to purchase the Duster and Racer), I was met with apathy, and a "We'll see if we can order it, but it's not something I've heard of before."

This particular location (San Marcos) has had issues with customer service based on several interactions from my fellow club members; I've started reaching out to the Temecula location to see if they are more willing to work with me, despite it being 25 mi. away. I'm willing to make a trip if they're going to stock the kits!

Yeah that sounds like a terrible store. They can definitely order it for you but it doesn't sound like a place I'd want to give my money to. Good luck!

RCMAN

I usually just give the guy at hobby town all the info I can on what I want ordered and they get it for me. Ya just gata spoon feed it to them.

WesBur13

Hey! I actually work at a Hobby Town, saw the kits on one of our distributors(Amain) and have ordered as many as I could this time around. Super excited to carry the FT kits ever since Flite Fest East we built a few. Awhile back we were introduced to Flite Test when they had an event with our local boy scout troop and one of our guys was invited. I think it may end up taking up quite a bit of our space because the response has been enormous already! It's nice now that my FT planes get to sit on display with the other RTF planes.

Thank you Flite Test for helping us introduce people to your designs!

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
I talked to the guy at our local HT and he said he is carrying the FT stuff. I guess it sold out right away.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Hey! I actually work at a Hobby Town, saw the kits on one of our distributors(Amain) and have ordered as many as I could this time around. Super excited to carry the FT kits ever since Flite Fest East we built a few. Awhile back we were introduced to Flite Test when they had an event with our local boy scout troop and one of our guys was invited. I think it may end up taking up quite a bit of our space because the response has been enormous already! It's nice now that my FT planes get to sit on display with the other RTF planes.

Thank you Flite Test for helping us introduce people to your designs!

Hey I see that your location is also in Ohio, I go to the hobby town location in mentor. Do you think that they will have it in stock now? I went there a few weeks ago and they said that they haven't gotten any FT stuff yet.