FT and Phoenix-Simulator

raptor3dpilot

Have there been any thoughts on adding the FT models to the Phoenix simulator? It will be a great way to get your name out there even more than it is and allow us to fly the models when the weather is not cooperating with our wants!

I've had Phoenix since it first came out and have enjoyed every single free update all the way to version 5, can't beat that! :)

Let's make it happen FT crew!!

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I doubt Flite Test themselves would ever make any planes for any simulator. It's a completely different skill set than designing foam board planes and it takes a lot of time to make just one.

But it sounds like more and more people are wanting the Flite Test planes for Phoenix and Real Flight 7. Hopefully it will happen. Dare I say, it will happen? I think it's just a matter of time for people to start making the FT planes for Phoenix. I know there is one for Real Flight 7 and they guy that made it might make more.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Trouble is, some of us are flying older versions of RF. I'm not complaining but it would be nice to have some for the rest of us... ;)

raptor3dpilot

No, we want some Phoenix planes, not RF!! HAHA

I don't know the details behind the Phoenix planes, but I'm sure if they shared the free plans/dimensions to Phoenix, those guys would do all of the hard work. ;)
"I have a model I would like to see in Phoenix - how do I request it?
We regularly release new models for free download, and when these are available they will appear in your automatic updates (system > check for updates menu) list, as well as being announced on our News page.

If you own a model that you would like to see in Phoenix, you can request it by sending an email to our modelling team at the following address: aircraft@phoenix-sim.com

If you own the model you are requesting and have access to a digital camera then you can speed up the time taken to produce your model by taking the digital photographs that our modelling team requires yourself. There is more information on this process on our Guides page."

http://www.phoenix-sim.com/guides/PhoenixGuides_modeImages.pdf

I would love to see the FT fields on there as well!! That seems pretty simple, send in the images they require and let them do the rest.

They used to have that option, but I can't find the FAQ on it. :(

rcspaceflight

If Phoenix wants to make planes for their simulator that people want, then the best way to get the FT planes for it would to start a campaign to get as many people as possible to ask for them.

I haven't gone thru this thread, but it sounds like the Flite Test flying field for Phoenix is being worked on: http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?5151-Kapper-Residence-Flite-Test-Flying-Site

I don't have Phoenix so I can't exactly ask them to make the Flite Test planes, but I'm sure if others that have Phoenix joined you in asking for it, then it would be more likely to happen that the guys at Phoenix make them.

It would probably work best if fans got together and asked for it, not the Flite Test guys asking for it.

But I know that Chad is usually really good at helping us fans out and if you asked Chad in the "Ask Chad" thread to take good photos of all of the FT planes, he would do so, and then you could send those to Phoenix and try to get them to make them for their simulator. :D (Be sure to explain to Chad why you want the photos.)

rcspaceflight

I've seen FlyingMaddLadd's review for Phoenix v5.0 and I see that the newest version comes with an aircraft creator. I also see that it has a scenery creator and it sounds like tramsgar is working on making the Flite Test (original) flying field for Phoenix. Anyways, I am more than willing to share my 3D files for the models I made of (almost) all of the Flite Test speed build kits. I just need to know what format Phoenix can import into the aircraft editor. It is more than likely a format that I can not easily convert my files into, but it's worth asking.

Even if I can share the 3D models, it will still be a lot of work for someone to do the flying characteristics and possibly new color schemes. I currently don't have the funds to buy Phoenix, otherwise I would look into making some of the FT planes for it myself.

CavalierX

Just picked up Phoenix 5- it is very nice and the FPV flying is great- it is clearly helping me orientate my thumbs. I would LOVE to see Flite Test Foamie Models. There is one wing in the Models right now and it feels horrible to fly. Is there a any user generated DLC forums for Phoenix Flight Sim? Google is not bringing up anything useful so far.

PepperM

It aint pretty but it flies

I finally got a model of the FT mustang to take off from the ground, fly ,and land in phoenix 5. FT Mustang in Phoenix 5.jpg