FT Freighter motors quit running

bennyflint

Hi All,
My son (6) and I just assembled the FT Freighter and went to take for a test flight. We're able to bind the transmitter just fine, but when it gets to about half throttle, the motors stop running, and the led on the receiver starts blinking to, I assume, indicate a problem. It repeats two rapid blinks followed by a short pause. I can turn off the transmitter and receiver and re-bind them, but the same thing will happen again. Only twice have I been able to get it running at full throttle, but I don't know why it worked in those couple cases.

Interestingly, if I run the throttle just below the point it shuts down and then move the right stick, it also shuts down. This kind of makes sense because it uses differential thrust to turn so one of the motors speeds up quite a bit.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could I have a bad board? Battery is fully charged, btw.

Thanks in advance for you help,

-Ben

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Hi All,
My son (6) and I just assembled the FT Freighter and went to take for a test flight. We're able to bind the transmitter just fine, but when it gets to about half throttle, the motors stop running, and the led on the receiver starts blinking to, I assume, indicate a problem. It repeats two rapid blinks followed by a short pause. I can turn off the transmitter and receiver and re-bind them, but the same thing will happen again. Only twice have I been able to get it running at full throttle, but I don't know why it worked in those couple cases.

Interestingly, if I run the throttle just below the point it shuts down and then move the right stick, it also shuts down. This kind of makes sense because it uses differential thrust to turn so one of the motors speeds up quite a bit.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could I have a bad board? Battery is fully charged, btw.

Thanks in advance for you help,

-Ben
Begin by making sure the battery is fully charged. If the issue persists you should contact FT Support.
FT Support

bennyflint

Ok, I'll contact support and put an update here when I figure out what's going on. I put brand new batteries in the transmitter, and I fully discharged and recharged the plane battery but still have the same problem.

bennyflint

Good idea, but I don't think it applies in this case. The FT Freighter doesn't have a proper ESC. It's just a small FT integrated board that's receiver, gyro, speed control, etc. And the transmitter is a very basic FT one. There's no calibration other than to put in on a flat surface before you arm the motors, at least not any that I'm aware of.