FT Gremlin Betaflight Issues

Redwood

I had my Gremlin that was flying fine months ago, shelved it to fly other things and just came back to it. It flew fine, but the battery alarm was immediately going off for 3 different batteries. I checked the batteries and the the voltage was fine. So I quickly plugged it into Betaflight to check the battery alarm voltages (they were set fine before but I didn't know what else to do). In my haste I didn't think to check any of the other settings, dropped the voltage alarm by a couple tenths to see if it helped. Went back out to fly it again and it was an unresponsive brick. Plugged it back into Betaflight and realized all the receiver setting were back to default. Now no matter what I do I can't get it to work properly. I'm using a Frsky XM+ receiver on SBUS. The receiver has a green light which I believe means it's bound and good to go with the TX. The FC is responding fine to movement, the motors spool up manually in Betaflight. Every time I try and save the config as SBUS it comes back up as Spektrum. I'm getting zero response in the receiver section, regardless of which option. I don't see any broken connections. I'm not sure if I'm missing something as it's been awhile since I was in Betaflight, but I went through the Gremlin build video to check for ideas but can't get past the receiver config/response. Ideas? It was a functional build at one point.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
The Chrome version probably auto-updated itself until it's final release, which had some compatibility issues with older firmware. I would install the standalone version and flash the latest stable firmware and see how that works.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I don't think the firmware used would effect power performance unless the OP made changes in settings but even then it is questionable. I would look more towards the main wire and the type of connectors used from the battery to the FC. I would think more corrosion issues. Specially if using stock wire and JST connector after sitting. If that cheap wire has corroded in the casing from sitting it becomes a huge resistor not to mention lots of use on them tiny jst connections stress the wire at the pins and there could be a bunch of broken strands.

Redwood

Okay, so I downloaded the latest standalone version of Betaflight but have been unable to get it to boot into DFU mode to update the firmware on the chip. Didn't have to do that initially (for either of my quads) so this is the first time trying. I went through the steps of trying to update my drivers but no joy. Not sure if it's my older computer or what, but the software side of this is aggravating.

If I can ever get the flight controller sorted out I'll check the battery leads to see if that is the issue with the battery alarm.

Thank you everyone for your help.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Drivers are a night mare at times. we have all been there. What you need to do is to uninstall all drivers for any type of gui relating to flight controllers. Do a COLD start of your computer NOT to be confused with rebooting specially if you use win 10. Run any form of registry cleaner to make sure no remaining parts of these drivers are hanging out. Win 10 will spot these and try overwriting them with what IT thinks should be there and you will be back at square one.

Once that is all done go back and try the procedure French posted and that should wake everything back up for you.