Funny... I think my planes are Rabbits. They keep multiplying!

mudman1959

I leave the work shed for awhile and when I get back there is another one... They're multiplying on me faster than I can fly them. This cute little FT Mini Sportster appeared this afternoon. Granted it needs to be finished yet but it's getting there. Looking forward to some indoor flying this winter.

Mudman1959

Attachments

• IMG_2060(1).JPG
    IMG_2060(1).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
I think it's a universal circumstance! I've figured out I have 1 balsa Cessna static model underway, a Spirit of St Louis balsa kit that I bought partially finished and a 2 meter sailplane waiting to be built over the winter. And I've ordered a FT speed build kit to build! And I'm a slow builder so I already have more projects than I have winter months.

tbaucom

AE6VP
Maybe it is time to try some selective breeding / artificial selection. I wonder what the offspring of a Radian crossed with a Bixler would look and fly like?

tneun

Nicolas
I think every rc model flyer has that problem! If not so I have! The only problem is that I don't have enough money for the mortors and so, but think that will change when I start working or so.

Nicolas

kacknor

Build another!
I've been on a building binge since i found FT! I started this one from scratch on Thanksgiving day and finished it up last night. No maiden yet, cold and rain. Took advantage of the sale and ordered a kit too, just in case. ;) I figure I better get it on record before I fly it. Bad things have been known to happen.

20151127_134712sm.jpg 20151127_134741sm.jpg 20151127_134909sm.jpg

Edit: I used 9 gram Hextroik 900 servos. Didn't have any smaller. I moved them forward under the cockpit area for balance and supported the linkages to the sides similar to the Mini-Trainer. Motor is a 24 gram Hex. RX is a 6 channel Lemon. I build better than I fly. This means I build a lot. lol

Last edited:

unrauv

Yes I know the feeling, once you figure out basic design you really can build almost anything. The hanger can fill up fast.