Fusion 360 help

BoredGuy

After digging on this forum and other sites, I learned how to make plans for planes using fusion 360:
1. Export surfaces as stl
2. Unwrap on mesh mixer, export as svg
3. Use the svg on fusion/Inkscape for flat plans
One issue people seem to have is that the scale is lost. Plenty of people have asked this question, but as I couldn’t figure out the answer, I’m asking it again-how do you preserve the scale of the surfaces when making the plans? Everybody says they go out of scale but no answers as to fixing it. Any ideas?
PS have moderate experience with f360, but not with meshmixer or Inkscape

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
After digging on this forum and other sites, I learned how to make plans for planes using fusion 360:
1. Export surfaces as stl
2. Unwrap on mesh mixer, export as svg
3. Use the svg on fusion/Inkscape for flat plans
One issue people seem to have is that the scale is lost. Plenty of people have asked this question, but as I couldn’t figure out the answer, I’m asking it again-how do you preserve the scale of the surfaces when making the plans? Everybody says they go out of scale but no answers as to fixing it. Any ideas?
PS have moderate experience with f360, but not with meshmixer or Inkscape

You might want to check out the "how to make plans" thread. I have also made a thread specifically for this kind of thing: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/master-series-design-help-thread.65470/