good beginer multi-model transmitter

youth pilot

If you are new into the hobby, and you want your own transmitter for your planes, the spectrum DX5e is the one for you.

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
Yeah....
The DX5e is only a single model transmitter. I'm not sure what you mean - "multi-model transmitter"
Every time you switch it to another aircraft you will have to reconfigure/retrim it. It has no way of remembering more that it's current settings. The next step up (like a DX6i) has the ability to remember settings for different models. When you switch aircraft, you just switch models in the transmitter. The Dx5 works fine for certain type of models like the Micro Radian. I found the lack of expos a big downer when I tried to use it on a Blade Nano. I recently upgraded my BNF Transmitter to a DX6. I will use the DX5 as a "buddy box" because it can bind wirelessly to the DX6.

Welcome to the FT Forums,
PCH

If you are new into the hobby, and you want your own transmitter for your planes, the spectrum DX5e is the one for you.

Well, that was random...

I would suggest the FlySky FS-T6. I got one from AMazon for $60 and it comes with a receiver. I cant remember the exact number but it has upwards of 20 model memory. Really easy programming too!

Raptortech

Foam Addict

I would say you're probably better off with the OrangeRX T-SIX from hobbyking. It has 6 channels, and the UI is much better. I think it costs less as well, and you can use it with cheap 2S lipos.

Alternatively, if you're willing to throw down about $90, get yourself a Turnigy 9XR with a DSM2-DSMX module, and you'll never need another transmitter.

Also, one of my favorite receivers is this one ($10): Mini 5 Channel DSM 2
I own 3 so far, and I've never had a cutout. The OrangeRX line from HK is good too, but then you usually have international shipping.
51A6HMMRruL.jpg

or the Turnigy 9x. I've had it from as a beginner. One has to download the manual(manual is not the greatest either) from online but once you figure the basics out it is great because you can really grow into it. the Tx is about $70 and comes with 1 receiver. additional receivers are only $10 and they are all in the US Warehouse and so you get cheap and fast shipping if you are in the US. Never had any brownout or signal issues and I love to fly my models way away from me.

Epitaph

Ebil Filleh Pega-Bat ^.^
Mentor
define "beginner"... do you mean as in cheap in case you decide it's not the hobby for you and thus less loss? or do you mean bang for your buck in as many planes for as little cost? Beginner as in something easy to program? as in something that doesn't create bad habits in programming or use from the very start? something that can be used with multiple protocols? something for normal LOS BNFs or scratchbuilt gems?...

IFlyRCstuff

Flyer Of Many Things
I personally think that the fst6 is the best beginner, first programmable transmitter. It is easy to program, and not overwhelming, but it has plenty of functions. The recievers are only 15 $ for a 6 channel reciever. Oh! it is sure to bring you further in this great hobby *cue actor* "I love the FS-T6, it's easy to use, and I can buddy box my favorite planes without fear"

Seriously though, it is a fantastic transmitter.

T-Richard

I would say you're probably better off with the OrangeRX T-SIX from hobbyking. It has 6 channels, and the UI is much better. I think it costs less as well, and you can use it with cheap 2S lipos.

Alternatively, if you're willing to throw down about $90, get yourself a Turnigy 9XR with a DSM2-DSMX module, and you'll never need another transmitter.

Also, one of my favorite receivers is this one ($10): Mini 5 Channel DSM 2
I own 3 so far, and I've never had a cutout. The OrangeRX line from HK is good too, but then you usually have international shipping.
View attachment 35828

Strongly agree. I have a T6 and love it. I can also use it with BNF dsm-2 kits and such. My second transmitter is the 9xr with an LRS.

Can't go wrong with either option