heads up hobby king deal of the week flash sale hobby king FPV goggles v2 37.00

jipp

hey guys hobby king has these on sale and in the USA warehouse for a whole 37.00

thought id share in case someone been thinking of getting cheap FPV goggles.. i have the version 1.. and they work fine.
they have the update only for 10.00. but i would go with the version 2 for the longer foam box if i was gonna upgrade mine.
but i figure ill just get a pair of eachine all i one unit once they get some feed back in there latest version which is HD etc.
anyhow.. they look like they will go for a 150.00 so quite abit more than hobby kings. but i think these hobby king models will be good to take people for a ride so maybe worth adding to your hobby room :)
anyhow thought id give a heads up to save ya some money if i can :)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...nt=8538133835&utm_medium=email&utm_source=EDM
chris.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Thanks for the tip! I've been waffling about between these and the new pro version for several weeks. This just cinched the decision for me. :)

jipp

glad i could save you a buck or two.. the updates are really nice from what iv seen.

but im cheap so ill make do with versions 1 for now.. D: when they come out with version 3 ill think about updating them :D
or if i come into some extra cash :D

chris.
p.s

do not glue the foam pieces together.. just the foam parts on the slider that allow you to move the lens in and out.
they are about 1" long by 1/4" wide.. i recommend this to make future updates easy.. if you glue the foam together you are stuck.
so just a bit of black tape is all you need to seal them together and the sleeve that goes on the out side holes them together just fine.

Last edited:

jipp

impulse buys are good. :) well maybe not but hell they happen to us all from time to time.
wow back ordered now. that did not take long. i guess that is one way to move a product. hhe get people who were on the fence.. buy shoving a sale in your face.. i feel bad now..:( evil hobbyking using me like some street thug to push there product. sigh. laughs.

i wonder how the back order works since this said it was a week long sale.. i wonder when the sale started it.
i just noticed today when i was looking for some xt60 connectors and price on a 4s 1300-1500 battery. seems hobbyking has updated the design to be easier to solder and to push on.. easier to solder is cool but i dunno about easier to push on part.

i sorta like it takes effort to get them off so they do not fail in flight yeah. anyhow, yeah...

chris.

Last edited:

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
yeah - got to go spend some more money now to make it actually useful...you probably just cost me the better part of $200 with your bargins...grrr ;)

jipp

ouch 200.00 well them 37.00 cost me 80.00 today.. damn you hobby king..
they are back in stock.. and i figure id get them so now i have two pairs of hobbyking goggles i can let people use for rides.. when i get more expensive fpv goggles down the road.. for now i will use the version 2.

i just need to find a ski mask foam part that goes on the face.. i think this would fix the only problem i have with the goggles.. the fit to my face. the glue on single foam strips do not work for me.

so yeah, its a good deal tho. 37.00 hard to beat that for the upgrades.. they want 20.00 just for the frenzel lens and wires upgrade kit and you do not even get the extended foam box.

my parents wear glasses so these may work good for them.. since they are interested in FPV.
chris.

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
ouch 200.00 well them 37.00 cost me 80.00 today.. damn you hobby king..
they are back in stock.. and i figure id get them so now i have two pairs of hobbyking goggles i can let people use for rides.. when i get more expensive fpv goggles down the road.. for now i will use the version 2.

i just need to find a ski mask foam part that goes on the face.. i think this would fix the only problem i have with the goggles.. the fit to my face. the glue on single foam strips do not work for me.

so yeah, its a good deal tho. 37.00 hard to beat that for the upgrades.. they want 20.00 just for the frenzel lens and wires upgrade kit and you do not even get the extended foam box.

my parents wear glasses so these may work good for them.. since they are interested in FPV.
chris.

Came today :) Haven't order the other stuff yet. Had $200 of dodads I desperately need in the cart and HobbyKing kept emptying it every time I wasn't paying attention. HKs web site is really annoying sometimes.

jipp

I'm falling prey to the $37.00 impulse buy as well. Now just need to decide if I want to throw this in at the same time

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...Sony_CCD_and_Circular_Polarized_Antennas.html

looks like a good way to get a kick start. and you are gonna need the stuff anyhow.

i only have a 8ch RX which i need to by a upgrade soon. but it works for me for now since i do not fly with anyone else.

and since you are looking at 50.00 or so for a RX alone.. i do not see a issue getting everything up front to get you started..

however, the most important part of a FPV is the camera followed by atenna.. and that one is not the best camera etc . but like i said will
get ya in the air, and you need a RX.. a 32ch VTX is about 50.00 anyhow so yeah and the antennas have to be better than the cheap ones they come with.. you know them strait ones.. forget the name.

well you save some money on the pro goggles so the VTX kit is a freebie almost :D

here is what sneaked its way into my cart:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...ldable_Tricopter_Frame_KIT_US_Warehouse_.html

all the tris floating around the forum as late.. and iv always liked this one..
so for 17.00 i do not mind building it as my first tri. :) if i like how they fly ill upgrade to one of the sweeds larger tricopter frames. so yeah 17.00 and 5,00 for he metal servo.

and the rest of that 80.00 was just some foam safe super glue, and regular thin.

and 6 1s batterys for my blade nano qx, and the cub s i have on order.

so yeah 80.00 quick.
money sucks. heh.
chris.

Last edited:

jipp

Came today :) Haven't order the other stuff yet. Had $200 of dodads I desperately need in the cart and HobbyKing kept emptying it every time I wasn't paying attention. HKs web site is really annoying sometimes.

yeah i had a problem with it taking my phone number.. kept saying it was fake. mumbles.

finally got to take it by telling to use it anyhow by ignoring the error.. there webpage is a mess.

especially there mobile part its so hard to read.

i guess i should of ordered the thing before.. but dang HK got me. laughs, i thought i was safe from temptation via out of stock, on back order.. but they were true to there word i guess week sale.. and it appears they must of ordered a bunch of them.

they new model for 57.00 with the built in VTX has issues.. or i almost bought it.. maybe version 2.. at least they got the face mask part right.. i hope they will sell that foam pieces separate.

chris.