Help battery woes...

Zeligman

Hi all not sure how it happened but one of my batteries got slightly crushed (see pic below) so do i discharge completely? How do I get rid of it? Want to be safe.

Ty!

-z IMG_20200628_201353.jpg

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
you might want to check your local laws/trash/recycling rules on how to do final disposal.. google has a nice list of how to do 100% complete discharge to make it safe for disposal.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
batteries plus stores in my area will take it for recycling for free. most counties also have a "hazardous disposal" site that will accept as well. if you prove you are a resident it is usually free. if worried, just make sure it is outside on a nonflammable surface until you recycle it.

laters,

me :cool:

Bricks

Master member
Check voltage see how they charge and IR on them if good I have some that look like that and worse and still use them.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
batteries plus stores in my area will take it for recycling for free. most counties also have a "hazardous disposal" site that will accept as well. if you prove you are a resident it is usually free. if worried, just make sure it is outside on a nonflammable surface until you recycle it.

laters,

me :cool:
Batteries plus will not take them if they are damaged or puffed. My buddy tried to take a few over.

Zetoyoc

Elite member
If they are completely discharged first I don't see why they wouldn't take them. I am not saying they will but if discharged there is no energy left to worry about. I accidently left a battery connected to an esc overnight once after testing some servos. That worked well to bring my battery to just under 1 volt total. :(. Not sure how good it was for my esc but it sure did the trick if you want to kill a battery lol