Help - Micro FPV camera for oral surgery

Ash A

Ok, I'm nut sure if FPV cameras have been used this way before but here's my project. I do video production and lately my clients have been in the medical field. Right now I'm helping an oral surgeon demonstrate a new kind of retractor. He wants to get some video of the retractor in action from the inside of the mouth. So far I've shot a half dozen surgeries with one of my bigger cameras but while standing over the patient and zooming in.

I need a micro camera that can be zip tied or double sided taped to the retractor so I can get a clear line of sight straight down to the gum tissue and teeth. I really can't have an antenna sticking out obstructing the doctor's view of the field so I'm not sure if wireless is the way to go. If I can get the video signal to a RCA jack, I can use a capture device with my laptop. I can solder if necessary but I really need some suggestions and a point in the right direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ash A

The doctor is private practice and does not use borescopes for his surgeries. He might slap himself in the head after I recommend he use one. He got the idea of using a FPV camera after seeing one mounted on a shotgun for a skeet training video.

Anyway, thanks man! The borescope will be much much easier to deal with.

Ash A

How do you autoclave an fpv camera :)

You don't! I've got the endoscope ordered and should have it tomorrow. Cleaning the camera wasn't the main concern I think. Actually some Lysol and a hearty dose of UV would kill anything left behind from a procedure but I feel much better about not using a FPV camera.