Hobby King KK2.1 Multirotor Flight Controller: Featues LCD, 6050MPU, and Atmel 644PA

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Annoying isn't it.

when you scroll down to the comments section of the product page there's typically a tab bar above it labeled "comments/reviews/videos/files". hit the files tab and it should pop up with a list. take care, because some are user provided files and they're not good about saying which files are and which aren't.

and items in different warehouses will have different files -- if you don't find what you're looking for, check the parallel listings for the other warehouses.

Alternative, a Google search including RC Groups will usually hit on one of the relevant RC groups threads, where the firmware modders are chatting about what they're putting into the latest firmware versions and what bugs have been found. getts a little deep in there at times, but otherwise a lot of good info, if you feel up to digging.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
approachable is often confused with shallow ;)

I'm a software geek by trade and the discussion sometimes reverts into high level geekery. not saying it doesn't happen here too, just far less often. After all, we're just trying to get it to work, they're interested in making it do more than it ever has before.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
The best bet for battery monitoring (if you will not use a monitor that plugs into the balance connector of your battery) with the KK2.1 is to remove the 2 pins HK supplied and hook up ONLY a positive wire from the positive pad of the removed pins to battery + (just like the KK2.0 hooked up). This eliminates the ground loop from this location anyway.

Thurmond

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
The best bet for battery monitoring (if you will not use a monitor that plugs into the balance connector of your battery) with the KK2.1 is to remove the 2 pins HK supplied and hook up ONLY a positive wire from the positive pad of the removed pins to battery + (just like the KK2.0 hooked up). This eliminates the ground loop from this location anyway.

Thurmond

So simple, it's genius. :cool: :)

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
approachable is often confused with shallow ;)

I'm a software geek by trade and the discussion sometimes reverts into high level geekery. not saying it doesn't happen here too, just far less often. After all, we're just trying to get it to work, they're interested in making it do more than it ever has before.
You know I was only messing around. I too am guilty of high level geekery when I don't censor myself and just try to do what I can to help. IF I can. But that doesn't mean I can always resist the smarta$$ streak I have. "The force is strong in this one!" :cool::applause:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Comeon Xuzme! didn't you see the smiley?

Then again It could have been taken as a sarcasm smiley, implying I think we're shallow and unapprochable . . . you know, just a bunch of flakes . . .

Nope! It was a serious smiley ;)

RoyBro

Mentor
Doesn't being a geek REQUIRE a certain level of smartassery? Some of us have just elevated it to an art form. ;)