i have night walrus by hobby king and i can't seem to get motor brake to activate ,plan has no directions downloaded manual nothing does anyone know ?

mastermalpass

Elite member
Does it need motor braking? Like, is a fold out prop liable to keep spinning in the air and prevent itself from folding back without it?

If so (shame on HobbyKing for not programming that in stock) a simple way is with this ESC Programming card you can get from Hobbyking:

IMG_0939.jpeg

A nifty and inexpesnive piece of kit. I used it to set a Turnigy RedBrick 80A to start up nice and slow so it could power my Blade500X (it's really not built to run a helicopter that big it turns out). It's nice and simple to use; just plug your ESC's signal cable on to it, put all the jumpers in the positions you want to set the ESC to, plug the battery in and wait for a couple of beeps from your motor.

Tench745

Master member
Looks like that planes comes with an Aerostar 30A esc. You can program it via your transmitter, no need for a programming card. The procedure is in the manual for that ESC. You can find it under the "Manuals/Files" tab here: