Inductric Pro w/ Betaflight won't connect unless battery installed.

Phazed

Hey all,

I'm having an issue that cropped up and I'm not sure what to do. Previously I could connect to betaflight simply by plugging in the usb and hitting connect, not sure what changed but that isn't working any more. I can hear the sound my computer makes when I plug in the inductrix pro, but I can't get the connection to work, there are no lights, nothing, it just kinda sits there, then times out, however, if I plug in a battery, and then attempt the connection it loads mostly fine. The receiver tab is frozen and I can't get any of my inputs to work or respond, but the gyro and other options come up, I can spin up the motors, etc. but something is definitely wrong. I've tried several cables, but it only ever seems to work if I plug in a battery to the quad first.

the usb connects using a uart protocol (again only if the battery is plugged in) so not sure if DFU is working but given the lack of lights yet the connection sound from windows 10, something doesn't seem to be communicating appropriately. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'll take all the help I can get!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Sounds to me like one of two things is going on. Either you fried the regulator for the usb side which is why it will power up on battery power. OR... you have damaged the usb connector and it is no longer making proper contact to the board at one of the power inputs and possibly a data input.