Introducing the Javelin, simple yet sporty

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
That flew awesome! Just subbed to your channel.
Thanks, too bad it went down yesterday. Not sure if I had an elevator servo failure or brown out. It dove right into a road however. It destroyed the spinner, prop, motor, motor x brace, battery, firewall, and of course the foam aspect of the plane was a total loss.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Thanks, too bad it went down yesterday. Not sure if I had an elevator servo failure or brown out. It dove right into a road however. It destroyed the spinner, prop, motor, motor x brace, battery, firewall, and of course the foam aspect of the plane was a total loss.
Shoot - that was a bad one! :eek:

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
Yeah it was probably 100-150 feet up and went 45° straight into asphalt. There was nothing left of the spinner even when we picked it up. I forgot it existed for like half an hour.
5FBEF82C-3ECE-4583-9F81-49B094A18072.jpeg
E8DAA30E-0694-4D7F-9F03-A940BF4453C1.jpeg

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
I love that thread! :ROFLMAO:
Yup, I plan on going - you?
Hopefully. Just debating if its a good monetary decision before college but 90% sure Im signing up tomorrow night. Tell ya what if I have another Javelin built want to take her for a few laps? Plus I have some more fun in the works...... maybe has something to do with a mini of the sportster variety.... with double the fun.... and by double the fun I mean double the motors, 7 inch bigger wingspan, and a completely different fuselage.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Hopefully. Just debating if its a good monetary decision before college but 90% sure Im signing up tomorrow night. Tell ya what if I have another Javelin built want to take her for a few laps? Plus I have some more fun in the works...... maybe has something to do with a mini of the sportster variety.... with double the fun.... and by double the fun I mean double the motors, 7 inch bigger wingspan, and a completely different fuselage.
I was there for the first time last year and it's the best experience ever! That would be awesome! I like where you're going with the mini sportster - that sounds like it'll be a blast to fly!

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
I was there for the first time last year and it's the best experience ever! That would be awesome! I like where you're going with the mini sportster - that sounds like it'll be a blast to fly!
Im tossing around ideas right now to make it sorta be a spinoff of a vintage racer. The wing shape definitely fits that. Maybe toss in some aerobatic capability with a big rudder and elevator because gosh knows the mini sportster doesn’t need more aileron. Hmm maybe some differential thrust for flat spins? Now what battery size would you recommend. I have 850mAh 3 cells but I feel like flight time would be too short with two motors. Maybe a 1300? Or for more power maybe a small 4 cell?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Im tossing around ideas right now to make it sorta be a spinoff of a vintage racer. The wing shape definitely fits that. Maybe toss in some aerobatic capability with a big rudder and elevator because gosh knows the mini sportster doesn’t need more aileron. Hmm maybe some differential thrust for flat spins? Now what battery size would you recommend. I have 850mAh 3 cells but I feel like flight time would be too short with two motors. Maybe a 1300? Or for more power maybe a small 4 cell?
4s would be crazy! I personally like the zippy 3s 1000 mah packs since they go for about $7 on the hobbyking website...

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I did the mini guinea pig on 3s with two motors that were between the A and F pack and it was super powerful!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Oh, I should say I also went up to a 2200 in the mini guinea with no issues, so basically any battery would work I'd say! :ROFLMAO:

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
I did the mini guinea pig on 3s with two motors that were between the A and F pack and it was super powerful!
Oh yeah I plan on using the Emax RS2306 so itll be very zippy. Even on 3s. Although I can get 5 min flight times out of my arrow if Im heavy on throttle like I like to be but with two motors I figure thatll get cut in half at most and 2 min flight times would be odd