Is DJI Naza compatiable with flysky

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I have found that using linear ESC's and one of them feeding the flight controller caused that particular ESC to get very very hot compared to the others. Switch mode ESC's don't give off as much waste heat when doing the voltage conversion down to 5v. So on my builds I've gone to using a separate switch mode BEC and disconnecting the 5v wire from all the ESC's. I don't think this is 100% necessary, but I'm hoping it will help my components to last longer and prevent an unexpected thermal shut down of one of the ESCs while in flight.

ageorge

oh well in that case i guess im better of removing all the red wires because my control board gets its power directly from the battery.The only problem i thought of with that is that wont it be hard to callibrate the esc with the red wire pulled out?Or should i callibrate first then pull the red wire out?Also is the callibration to be done with the motors before plugging the esc in the naza or after ?Thanks

Last edited:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I did the calibration step while connected to the flight controller, and was able to get all the esc's to do it at one time (lots of beeping :) )

The important part of the wiring is to make sure you have a common ground wire that connects all of the electrical parts together - you can power the receiver with a BEC while calibrating each ESC one at a time - sort of like this diagram I found on the Traxas website

images.png

This diagram is just for one motor/ESC, but a quad follows the same logic, just repeated for each motor.

Does that help?