KK2 Mini Board No Signal Message

gmagic911

I'm using a Spektrum 6xi tx and AR6210 rx with the kk2 mini board for a twin motor V-22. When powered with the tx on, the screen lights up and the rx light is on (solid). The No Signal message is on the screen. I've checked the wiring to make sure the signal wires are connected to the board correctly. I'm lost as to what I should try next? Any suggestions?

Last edited:

gmagic911

KK2 Mini No Signal

What do you get when you go to "receiver test" on the KK2 menus?

There is no "receiver test" in the menu, only Receiver Set-up and Receiver In puts with the following readings:

Receiver Inputs
Rx Type: Spektrum
PWM rate: High
PWM sync: Elevator
Ch. order: JR/Spektrum

Receiver Set-up
Throt. 0
Aileron 0
Elev. 0
Rudder 0
Gear 0
Aux 1 0
Aux 2 0
Aux 3 0

Last edited:

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
Only four wires? Or four servo leads? Okay so if you're looking at the KK2 mini board from the front in a right side up fashion, from the bottom of the input side going up you have...

Ground
+5V
Throttle
Aileron
Elevator
Rudder
Aux

Correct? What firmware are you using? I noticed you are going with a VTOL plane so is it something like open aero VTOL? Or are you just making it a bicopter?

gmagic911

KK2 mini No Signal

Only four wires? Or four servo leads? Okay so if you're looking at the KK2 mini board from the front in a right side up fashion, from the bottom of the input side going up you have...

Ground
+5V
Throttle
Aileron
Elevator
Rudder
Aux

Correct? What firmware are you using? I noticed you are going with a VTOL plane so is it something like open aero VTOL? Or are you just making it a bicopter?

Correct and I'm using 4 servo leads. The firmware I'm using is OpenAeroVTOL_KK2_Mini.hex

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
Have you verified the receiver works? In the receiver setup menu when you move the sticks do the values change?

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
Unfortunately I am not really that familiar with open aero VTOL... Hopefully someone can chime in on setting it all up. You may have to adjust the endpoints on your radio to be able to arm the board. The middle of the stick should be zero, then the ends of the stick movement should be -100 to 100 respectively.

gmagic911

kk2 mini No Signal

Unfortunately I am not really that familiar with open aero VTOL... Hopefully someone can chime in on setting it all up. You may have to adjust the endpoints on your radio to be able to arm the board. The middle of the stick should be zero, then the ends of the stick movement should be -100 to 100 respectively.

Now it's back to No Signal again. This is far more complicated than I anticipated. I'm ready to hang it up, literally.

Last edited:

gmagic911

KK2 mini No Signal

Here are pics of rx and kk2. The rudder, aileron and elevator cables connected to the rx are connected to single pins for each on the KK2 via the white signal wires. The throttle cable connected to the rx is connected to the 3 pins for the throttle on the KK2.

Attachments

• Rx 20160514_121003_resized.jpg
    Rx 20160514_121003_resized.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 0
  • KK2 20160514_120855_resized.jpg
    KK2 20160514_120855_resized.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
It looks like you have a satellite connected to your receiver, could you try hooking the satellite up to the satellite port on the kk mini? That could at least let you check the rest of your setup. I'm a little concerned that it worked initially and then stopped

gmagic911

It looks like you have a satellite connected to your receiver, could you try hooking the satellite up to the satellite port on the kk mini? That could at least let you check the rest of your setup. I'm a little concerned that it worked initially and then stopped

Satellite? There is a remote receiver connected to the AR6210 rx. Is that what you mean? I don't see any satellite port on the kk2.