Kwad Therapy - FPV RIG NEEDED

SheppO

In life - we all get hit by scraggle from time to time !

I had a tough time last year dealing with anxiety and depression and the vids by Steele, RR and the FT gang really helped me focus on something else - kwad therapy if you will. Because i'm a designer and compulsive DIY guy I went all out to create my own frame -

IMG_0086.jpg

Admittedly it turned out like an Alien clone but you can read about why here..

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?33720-Designing-a-5-quot-Quadcopter-A-Journey

Im feeling a whole heap better now but family needs mean money is tight and I just cant justify the additional 150-200 bucks for the FPV gear (Cam/VTX/ANT/Goggles) anytime soon.

I tried to sell the sucker but It didn't really stack for folks compared to RTF options - although I think my frame is a pretty solid/clean build so far. (btw FoamTest - I know you were interested - don't loose hope - read on..)

So here is my pitch - if Kwad Sharer's out there could send me an old VTX/swift Cam/antennas and a set of basic goggles i could get this scraggle-cat flying, make a video and then the whole quad will be donated.

Yes its running cheap 2204 motors and 20A ESCs but her heart's in a good place running David's RC Explorer F3FC !

From my point of view I benefitted a lot from Steele/RR/FT and the community and this project helped get me out of a hole . Id love to complete the build and try FPV but at the moment the demands of the hobby aren't super compatible with my lifestyle so id like to pass on the fruits of my work and your support to someone who will use them and maybe get out of a hole themselves - or at least through a few tree gaps!...

Peace.

Last edited: