Lawn Mower... the E-Mow

RandyL

I built this some time back when depron was the "thing". The deck
e-mow.jpg
is just white styrofoam hot wired into an airfoil shape. Flys good indoor or out. Cleaned it up and took it flying last weekend. Always a great laugh!!! ( 18" deck ) Very lightweight.

Scotto

Elite member

This was the first night of test flying to get CG and controls worked out. My buddy did a great job of not crashing it!! It gives you the idea of it flying at least.

:LOL::LOL: Wow that mower flies better than some of my planes! Is the handle all depron or does it have some carbon fiber or something?

RandyL

:LOL::LOL: Wow that mower flies better than some of my planes! Is the handle all depron or does it have some carbon fiber or something?

It actually flys a lot slower and smoother than what that video of test flying shows. The handle is all depron. There are small dowels sticking out of the center of the rear wheels that the handles attach to, then small fuel tubing to keep them from falling off. small rare earth magnets are in the wheels and handle to hold it at the proper angle for "mowing". It weighs in, ready to mow, including battery at 13oz.