LibrePilot and Scripts

Techdesk

Not really plausible. It is rather archaic flight controller software.
I am part of a team that would like to re-launch the CC3D Revolution. For beginners and hobbyist it is an ideal solution. I don't see anything archaic about it. LibrePilot is by far much much more simpler than the cumbersome Mission Planner. Also, why should beginners be subjected to expensive controllers such as pixhawk?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I still run Archaic stuff myself. Mostly Adupilot and dRonin which run on older hardware. I am all for people bringing back and supporting older hardware. I have a ton of F3 hardware.

By archaic, I basically meant unmaintained.

Have you looked at dRonin at all? It is in the same boat but was a fork from LibrePilot and more recently maintained. https://dronin.org/ I may be able to dig up old devs from both projects.

Ardupulot does run on quite a bit of less expensive F4 boards like the Matek F405-wing and SpeedyBee F405.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Last edited:

Techdesk

I still run Archaic stuff myself. Mostly Adupilot and dRonin which run on older hardware. I am all for people bringing back and supporting older hardware. I have a ton of F3 hardware.

By archaic, I basically meant unmaintained.

Have you looked at dRonin at all? It is in the same boat but was a fork from LibrePilot and more recently maintained.

Ardupulot does run on quite a bit of less expensive F4 boards like the Matek F405-wing and SpeedyBee F405.

Cheers!
LitterBug
The reason that we are particularly interested in the CC3D Revolution is that fact that it also uses the STMF4 series. This s a powerful chip and Pixhawk series also base their fc on this chip. Also, LibrePilot supports custom scripts, though I am more of a hardware engineer, and programmer, I am not too familiar with Lua scripts. I would like some input here. Also, we intend to upgrade the board with an I2C port which will allow additional modules such as obstacle avoidance etc.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Take a look a at dRonin. I think it may have i2c support already for a few boards.

I have a few cc3d Revolution boards laying around that have the built in sik radios as well. I thought the Revolution supported i2c on one of the expansion ports. Have to run to work but can look later tonight.

Count me in for support/debugging. PM me with any info on getting involved.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Last edited:

Techdesk

Take a look a at dRonin. I think it may have i2c support already for a few boards.

I have a few cc3d Revolution boards laying around that have the built in sik radios as well. I thought the Revolution supported i2c on one of the expansion ports. Have to run to work but can look later tonight.

Count me in for support/debugging. PM me with any info on getting involved.

Cheers!
LitterBug
Very interesting. Downloaded the DRonin and went through it briefly .Yes we have a research team particularly targeting the CC3D Revolution. Under the free GNU license, we acquired the GERBER, BOM and schematics of the CC3D Revolution with OPlink telemetry on board.
Our goal is to re-launch this amazing piece of flight controlling hardware with the following modifications:
1. Increased memory (at least to 4Mb)
2. Onboard I2C breakout
3. Python or C++ program loader. Alternately we would like to integrate the CC3D Revolution with an arduino such as Uno etc. This integration could be in the form of serial commands to the arduino. The serial commands could be sent from an editbox programmed in dRonin.
I will certainly include you into the Research Team and update you.

Techdesk

Very interesting. Downloaded the DRonin and went through it briefly .Yes we have a research team particularly targeting the CC3D Revolution. Under the free GNU license, we acquired the GERBER, BOM and schematics of the CC3D Revolution with OPlink telemetry on board.
Our goal is to re-launch this amazing piece of flight controlling hardware with the following modifications:
1. Increased memory (at least to 4Mb)
2. Onboard I2C breakout
3. Python or C++ program loader. Alternately we would like to integrate the CC3D Revolution with an arduino such as Uno etc. This integration could be in the form of serial commands to the arduino. The serial commands could be sent from an editbox programmed in dRonin.
I will certainly include you into the Research Team and update you.
Our team went through dRonin.
1. It has an unfixed bug which "disconnects" randomly. On the FC this could be catastrophic
2. It does have some extra features such as camera etc.
3. No script loading facility.
4. The mode parameters in the path planner seems incomplete. Although SetAccessory is available in dropdown menu, but no option to select the accessory (eg: channel 6 etc)
5. Quiting from dRonin sometimes freezes.
I would think that librePilot seems quite stable and easy. Unfortunately the LibrePilot forum died.
We on the other hand are strictly hardware engineers specializing in the setup/modifying hardware especially for the CC3D Revolution upgrade and would really like to promote the Autonomous Flight modes and setup of this flight controller using LiberPilot.
Perhaps we should launch a dedicated forum for LibrePilot/ CC3D Revolution.? Or request the management of this forum to allow for a dedicated Thread?
What is your comment.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
1. It has an unfixed bug which "disconnects" randomly. On the FC this could be catastrophic
4. The mode parameters in the path planner seems incomplete. Although SetAccessory is available in dropdown menu, but no option to select the accessory (eg: channel 6 etc)
I would think that librePilot seems quite stable and easy. Unfortunately the LibrePilot forum died.
We on the other hand are strictly hardware engineers specializing in the setup/modifying hardware especially for the CC3D Revolution upgrade and would really like to promote the Autonomous Flight modes and setup of this flight controller using LiberPilot.
Perhaps we should launch a dedicated forum for LibrePilot/ CC3D Revolution.? Or request the management of this forum to allow for a dedicated Thread?
What is your comment.
The "revolution" is probably one of the most supported FCs out there. Including BetaFlight, INAV, ArduPilot, etc...

If you truly want to restart development of LibrePilot, I would try to get those forums started back up.

LB

Techdesk

What is your comment.
That would be great, in the last 12 months we were inundated with LibrePilot support (from the learning centers here in South Africa). On other forums I did notice a keen interest in LibrePilot being inactive and no new members could sign up.

Techdesk

That would be great, in the last 12 months we were inundated with LibrePilot support (from the learning centers here in South Africa). On other forums I did notice a keen interest in LibrePilot being inactive and no new members could sign up.
Also just recently the University of Johannesburg requested a detailed documentation on Autonomous flights using LibrePilot and the CC3D Revolution. This will be used as part of their drone training projects. I could not get any detailed literature on setting advanced waypoints and actions related to them. If you know of any such documentation please advise.

oto1966

Naš tim je prošao kroz dRonin.
1. Ima neispravljeni bug koji se nasumično "isključuje". Za FC to bi moglo biti katastrofalno
2. Ima neke dodatne značajke kao što je kamera itd.
3. Nema mogućnosti učitavanja skripte.
4. Parametri načina rada u planeru staze čine se nepotpunima. Iako je SetAccessory dostupan u padajućem izborniku, ali ne postoji opcija za odabir pribora (npr.: kanal 6 itd.)
5. Odustajanje od dRonina ponekad se smrzava.
Mislim da se librePilot čini prilično stabilnim i lakim. Nažalost, LibrePilot forum je umro.
S druge strane, mi smo isključivo hardverski inženjeri specijalizirani za postavljanje/modificiranje hardvera posebno za nadogradnju CC3D Revolution i stvarno bismo željeli promovirati načine autonomnog leta i postavljanje ovog kontrolera leta koristeći LiberPilot.
Možda bismo trebali pokrenuti namjenski forum za LibrePilot/ CC3D Revolution.? Ili zatražiti od uprave ovog foruma da omogući posebnu temu?
Koji je tvoj komentar.
"Revolucija" je vjerojatno jedan od najpodržavanijih FC-ova. Uključujući BetaFlight, INAV, ArduPilot, itd...

Ako doista želite ponovno pokrenuti razvoj LibrePilota, pokušao bih ponovno pokrenuti te forume.

LB
Bilo bi strateški važno pokušati doprijeti do timova za razvoj softvera iz open, libre pilota i TauLabsa, mislim da je Sparky 2 njihov. za modifikaciju koda. if hardware modernizations of interpreter scripts, python Lua, whatever.