Looking for Mountain Models kits or kit parts

Turbojoe

Elite member
I'm a 14 year Mountain Models fan and I'm always on the lookout for MM kits or kit parts like fuse kits or wing kits. I'd love to find a N.I.B MM ParkJet or Urban Flyer unbuilt or maybe even started if it's not messed up too bad. Let me know what you have. I'm bored with helicopters now and back into planes again big time so I'm starting to open my prized stash of MM kits.

Joe

BobK

Banned
I have a built but not finished Switchback Senior that I might sell, I realize you are looking for kits or parts..just thought I would mention it. Fuse and tail are built and covered, wing is built but not covered yet, I could finish the scheme I was going for since it is fairly difficult.

-Bob

Turbojoe

Elite member
I have a built but not finished Switchback Senior that I might sell, I realize you are looking for kits or parts..just thought I would mention it. Fuse and tail are built and covered, wing is built but not covered yet, I could finish the scheme I was going for since it is fairly difficult.

-Bob

If the wing wasn't built I'd be all over this. My Senior is from the initial alpha/beta build project and had to be built with no plans or instructions so Brian could adjust the design and put the manual together from all of our inputs. That meant zero build deviation. All during the build project I wanted to add flaps and retracts just for the heck of it but couldn't. I may have to go ahead and order just a wing kit from Brian and add those mods.

The Senior is such a great flying plane if you are at this point in the build just go ahead and finish it. You most certainly won't regret it. Maybe choose a simpler covering scheme and get her in the air sooner.

Joe

BobK

Banned
I remember back in the day when this was all happening on RCGgroups, couldn't wait to get the Senior after flying the heck out of my original Switchback but it got put aside with other projects and life lol. I have retracts to install and built the wing with them in mind, also added a carbon arrow rod spar for extra strength..probably doesn't need it but I would rather add the small amount of weight and not be sorry later.

I'm not anxious to sell it just saw your post here and since I don't know when I will get to it I would throw it out there.

-Bob (P-51 fan from RCGroups)

Turbojoe

Elite member
You can never have too many Switchback's. I'm nearing completion of much modified SB #11. #12 is still NIB. If I find a Senior wing kit it in addition to retracts and flaps it could also get a pair of motors mounted as well. ;)

Joe

BobK

Banned
I followed most of your work back on the 'groups..nice job :) I have the plans for the original Switchback and a scratch built wing..another unfinished project :( My first Switchback flew on 8AA batts/GWS geared 350..boy that wsa a long time ago lol

-Bob

Turbojoe

Elite member
Wow! Been trying to access the site and reply to your post for 3 days and finally got in.....

Hey, those SwitchBack V-1 wing plans are the best. I've scratch built stacks of wings from them. My last build (#11) includes one with 1/2 dihedral and I added separate aileron servos, main landing gear, 1/4"x1/4" spruce spars, spruce trailing edges and CF leading edges. Also added nose gear, a 3/16" aircraft ply firewall and X mount brushless motor to the fuselage. She looks amazing but weight went out of sight! I really should have paid more attention during the build. I'm looking at 18 oz AUW with only a 3S 1300mah pack! I'm sure she'll still fly fine but until the new FAA registration B.S. blows over she won't get a maiden. As much as I hate foam and bARF's I've been buying Parkzone UMZ planes. WELL under the FAA weight limit and I can fly them just about anywhere without having to register. I feel so dirty.......

Joe

BobK

Banned
lol! Yeah its been down for everyone. I am not sure what to think of the regulations, I haven't been real happy with the FAA since they told me I couldn't make money doing AP in 'their airspace'..of course I still do but it is a secret how i do it legally ;)

I didn't get too crazy with the Switchbacks but two things I will say, first it is the only plane I have seriously missed flying, and second it is the plane that truly taught me how to fly. Yes I could fly before as in take off..fly..land, but actually "flying" was different. My favorite time was when I had a friend watching I took it up as far as I could see, he had binoculars just in case and then something didn't feel right. I had control but no power and needed a lot of up elevator, I was able to bring it (float it) all the way back down and land at our feet only to find out the motor had torn loose and taken the whole front of the plane with it..never did find that motor lol

-Bob

Turbojoe

Elite member
Back to life!

Bringing this old thread back to the surface for a breath of fresh air. I'm always interested in Mountain Models kits. N.I.B and even partially built as long as they aren't so poorly built that no part of it can be salvaged. I'd like yet another ParkJet, an untouched SwitchBack Sport EARLY VERSION with the non laser cut wing spar design. Also Id really like any of the short lived EZ series even if it's only the fuselage kit. I have the wing kits. I already have most Mountain Models planes built or kit but heck, if the price is right I may be interested in just about anything you have Mountain Models.

Joe

Turbojoe

Elite member
I recently scored a killer deal on a second MM J3 Cub kit. Now I have a backup in case something happens to the built one. Still looking for deals on other MM kits.

Joe