Mobius camera problem...

I posted this on another sub forum but thought maybe someone from here might be able to help....

I was flying my zmr250 clone and hit a light pole. After that my mobius starting acting up. First of all after hitting the pole I tried shutting off the camera and it wouldnt turn off. I let the battery drain and then left it plugged it over nite to charge the battery. This morning I started messing with it and heres what it does....
Push button the turn on...orang light comes on. I can press the mode button and switch to mode 2 and mode 3. If i stay on mode one to record, I press the camera button to start recording and the orange light blinks once then the orange light turns off. It does not continue to blink like if it is recording it just shuts off.

Not sure what the deal is. Is the board ruined, or the lense?
Has this happened to anyone?

I dont want to order another one but if it cost about the same to fix the lense or board then I'll just order another one.

Hi pistolpete1982,

a mobius acting up often has to do with the memory card. Make sure the micro sd card is properly seated. Try if you can read it in the mobius with a computer. If everything doesn't help try to format it again.
The lense being broken or something shouldn't affect the cameras "operation", only the recorded video will be useless. If the sd card isn't the problem, you can always try to open the mobius and look inside. It's not hard to open the plastic enclosure and look for damage in the PCB or sensor unit. If you can't find any damage, you may want to spend some more time with another SD card or something.

I wish you luck that you don't have to buy new!
Another tip: If the mobius is really broken, I wouldn't buy another one today. There are a few better options for comparable prices. The runcam V2 for example can record FullHD footage with 60fps. The image looks considerably smoother and more "fluid". If nothing helps, I'd go for that. The Xiaomi yi seems to take good footage aswell, even if it is much bigger than the mobius (that's why I would like to have the runcam).

jipp

wish they had a Android app for the runcam 1.. no point getting version 2.. until i have too.. for a go pro clone id go with a scam i think. with wifi.

chris.

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Yep..While the Mobius is still a decent camera in that form factor, there are other cameras with that shape that are a clear step forward for more or less the same price.