New guy inspired by Gremlins

pekcitron

ElevenQuad
Hello members,

I am new here but not really to FliteTest. I am following your videos since a long time and sometimes I read the forum and articles. What you are doing is awesome and after all this time I am still waiting for your new videos like the first day :eek: . Continue like this guys!

I am coming here also because the Gremlins inspired me a lot. The Emax hardware is a good compromise and will become event better with the new RS1106. But I found that micro quads frames are not as well designed as their big brothers. So I decided to draw mine and I am now in the final phase. Sharing our knowledge is very powerful and this is one of the reason I have registered today. Here are more details about my build : http://forum.flitetest.com/showthre...cro-swift-top-mount-bat-pythagorean-and-more) .

I am also here to learn more and be closer to FliteTest team and members, because you are awesome and always coming with such good ideas and creations!

Thanks for all what you are doing FliteTest team and members! :cool:

Last edited:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Welcome to the forums!

Glad to have you here, and that you've already jumped in with a design/build thread! :)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Welcome to the forums mate.

You will have a blast with the Gremlin once its set up and ripping. The forums here are a great place to ask questions or to help someone else if you have knowledge to aid them. As far as contact with the actual Flite Test staff most of that here is done by Stefan. It is easier to get closer to the crew thru social media feeds like Face book.

Feel free to post anything you want regarding your experiences including pictures and videos as they are what power the forums and keep us all motivated.

pekcitron

ElevenQuad
:)

Welcome to the forums!

Glad to have you here, and that you've already jumped in with a design/build thread! :)
I have started to check your project page, damned lots of inspiring things!!! Keep going!

Welcome to the forums mate.

You will have a blast with the Gremlin once its set up and ripping. The forums here are a great place to ask questions or to help someone else if you have knowledge to aid them. As far as contact with the actual Flite Test staff most of that here is done by Stefan. It is easier to get closer to the crew thru social media feeds like Face book.

Feel free to post anything you want regarding your experiences including pictures and videos as they are what power the forums and keep us all motivated.

Maybe I could give some details about my knowledge :
  • a bit of multirotor but not an expert
  • no knowledge in plane (I was close to pull the trigger on a FT so many time, sooon, I have to finish my projects first). Love how these FT are made!
  • I build several Kite when I was a kid (1, 2 and 4 lines, all kind of). I was so happy to see FliteTest is getting in to this. Very smart idea!
  • dev/coding (Arduino, Python and bash for the most used)
  • basic electronic schema creation (up to PCB). I use KiCAD. I did some projects with Atmega32u4 and ATtiny.
  • 3D modeling with Sketchup and Fusion 360
  • photography (check my website for more details)
  • A bit of woodworking, furniture restoration...

I will be very happy if I can help anyone, as you say it is the power of forum and more generally of the "Make movement". I can not travel for now but if someone is coming in Switzerland I will be very happy to meet him and give some training in one of the element of this list :) . Otherwise be free to ask for any kind of help.

I am slowly subscribing to some very interesting threads as well.

I do not have Facebook, I do not find it very useful, it is too much "volatile". Forums are much more powerful!