New guy thread

Gforcepdx

I'm doing a guillows balsa/tissue build and using the brick from a horizon hobby sport cub s. I'm attaching everything and don't understand where one of the wires goes.
20220501_060830.jpg
20220509_185429.jpg
20220509_185434.jpg

The twisted orange/plumb wire connects to something but I didn't get the whole plane so I'm confused.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Hmm... might just be my computer but that didn't come through

*EDIT* seems to be working now

Last edited:

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Not sure for sure, if you don't get a clear answer before morning I'll drag some parts out of storage I think might be similar. Might be for the port for the throttle channel? Not sure that it would have come in the plane like that. I doubt the factory would use a 2 wire plug in a 3 wire connection.

*EDIT* I see its a 4 wire connection, and it was put in that way from the factory to power an FPV camera

Last edited:

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
I'm doing a guillows balsa/tissue build and using the brick from a horizon hobby sport cub s. I'm attaching everything and don't understand where one of the wires goes. View attachment 225551 View attachment 225552 View attachment 225553
The twisted orange/plumb wire connects to something but I didn't get the whole plane so I'm confused.
The black & white wire is where the battery plugs in. The orange and red wire is to give power to fpv cameras and lights and what not. It’s not needed unless you have a specific purpose for it. Nice lancer btw!

Gforcepdx

The black & white wire is where the battery plugs in. The orange and red wire is to give power to fpv cameras and lights and what not. It’s not needed unless you have a specific purpose for it. Nice lancer btw!

You are the second person suggesting it could power fpv and I'm starting to lean in that direction. I never saw the origonal configuration or a manual.

It could be cool having a camara view of the flight but for now I'm just trying to get it air worthy.

Thank you. Yea, this lancer is my first build. Making every mistake but learning quite a bit. I have several others waiting once this is complete. Thanks for your help.