nwnugget's Gremlin build

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Hey hey. Bum ESC was the problem. Spent a good day Friday flying the Gremlin around my buddy's house.
I'm suspecting a second bad ESC in my build. Are you doing anything special to troubleshoot it to the ESC beside just swapping it out? It was suggested I try a servo tester which sounds like a good idea. What I would really like to be able to do is be able to test the ESC before I start soldering to make sure I'm not the one creating the problems.

nwnugget

I'm suspecting a second bad ESC in my build. Are you doing anything special to troubleshoot it to the ESC beside just swapping it out? It was suggested I try a servo tester which sounds like a good idea. What I would really like to be able to do is be able to test the ESC before I start soldering to make sure I'm not the one creating the problems.

I don't have a proper multi-meter but I am sure you could test it that way. I desoldered it and one other and swapped the two. When it still didn't work in the new position and was not showing up in blheli, I figured the ESC was the problem. Changed it out and off I went.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Thanks. Assuming I am successful with the ESC's I am on the verge of ordering I will check see what the multimeter reveals about the ones that work with the ones that don't. Good tip.